Chapter 19

Ai/Itami POV

Knocking gently on the door, it swung open to reveal an excited TenTen. I was pretty shocked as she literally pulled me into her home and slammed the door shut out of preoccupation to be careful. "Hey, Itami! I'm glad you made it!" She greeted, hair in her usual two buns. I smiled back and nodded, somehow regretting to even be here. It's not like I hated it, I just felt uncomfortable to be in a presence of many other people I barely knew.

If it wasn't for Gai, I wouldn't have known her, let alone visit her lovely home. Soon, after informing her parents and introducing me to them, which I realized to be retired ninja, she led me to her room. It was something I had not expected, to be honest. The walls were perfectly lined up with weapons of all sorts, tables filled with scrolls and paper bombs, making me in slight awe. If I had to say, she was more serious of being a ninja more than Sakura and Ino. Taking another look at it, it looks as if she polishes the weapons everyday, which seems. to take a long time since it was too many to count.

"Sorry for the mess, I had to clean my weapons." She informed, proving myself right.

"So, you like weapons?" I pointed out, sitting on a chair that was not littered of weapons.

"Yes! I love them! But I can't seem to be able to use this one." She pointed to the lonely one in the table, which appeared to be a katana. If you look to her wall again, it seems she did not prefer sword types, giving me the assumption that she had wanted to try something new.

"Oh, then I'll teach you." I suggested, walking to the katana. It was quite simple, judging that every ANBU member had to learn how to use this and/or a tanto. I chose a katana. If I was ever out of chakra, I would use this instead.

I carefully unsheathed it, watching as it gleamed as every light hit it. TenTen stood shocked, disbelieving of my skill to wield a weapon, let alone something she can't use. I've read about her, reading her files. She could use any weapon, even the hardest, and I was sure of keeping it that way. I couldn't let such a skillful person lose her name, nor let her think lowly of herself as she couldn't use it.

Luckily, she had training equipment in her room. I slashed the wooden dummy, making it break in half. Her eyes widened until she broke into a grin. "So cool! Teach me!"
And so I did, teaching her the basics, which she learned quickly. Finally, she got the hang of it and thanked me before I left. I was happy that we had seemingly trained instead of doing those girl things instead.

-Time-skip-

We watched our target from the bushes, running towards it. "Itami, I'm at point C." I said through the ear piece. I stopped at a tree, hiding behind it as I scrutinized our target.

"Sasuke, I'm at point A."

"Sakura, I'm at point B."

I nodded towards Sasuke since it so happened he was just another tree away from me. He nodded back, looking towards our target. "Naruto, I'm at point D, 'ttebayo!" He said loudly but still in a whisper.

"You're slow, Naruto." Kakashi deadpanned. "What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"5 meters." I answered, beating Naruto to it. They all confirmed to be ready and charged at our target. Naruto shouted as he grabbed the target, being scratched from it. Yes, our target was a cat. It didn't matter, to me, all I wanted was to get the cat and go home. It was a mission that I had to complete, because all missions are to be taken seriously. Now I sound like a crazy person, but it's true.

I observed the cat before verifying, "Yes, it's the target. Tora the cat." Kakashi nodded as he appeared before us.
Naruto seemed to be having trouble so I took the cat from him, but I held him from the scruff of his neck so he wouldn't scratch me, which was lucky since he had been trying to. Kakashi declared it complete, and we headed off to the Hokage. Once we did though, the cat was being squished to death by his owner.

"Stupid cat. Serves him right..." Naruto grumbled, making me smile slightly at him as I nudged him lightly. He pouted for a while.

Lord Hokage began naming off missions until Naruto yelled, crossing his arms like an X. "No! I want a real mission! Not these stupid baby ones!"
I sighed, knowing that this would happen. Of course it would, it's Naruto. But Sasuke seemed to agree. Well, that is until Iruka began to scream at him. Now I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to go home. Naruto began to scream back until Kakashi had sent him down by hitting him on the head. It was amusing, but I was still worried over Naruto.

"Would you shut up?"

The Hokage began lecturing him, and it seems I was the only one listening as the others got caught up over Naruto's talk about ramen. Even Kakashi seemed more interested in it than the Hokage's.

"Silence!" He ordered, getting a sheepish Kakashi. He scratched the back of his head, apologizing even though it didn't sound like it.

"You always lecture me like I'm your grandson! But I'm not that little brat who used to pull pranks anymore! I'm a ninja and I want a ninja mission!" Naruto retorted, turning away and pouting with his cheeks puffed. I smiled at him, shaking my head.

I was proud, very proud. The Hokage and Iruka seemed to think the same thing as they smiled. "Naruto says he's not a brat anymore, but a former brat. He wants a real mission so I'll give him a C Ranked mission."

I was shocked, but I didn't show it. Who knew it'd work? "You'll be escorting someone."

"Who, who? A Princess?---" and he was cut off by the Hokage again.

"Send him in."

I turned to see the door slide open, revealing a drunken man. And, me being me, prayed that it would be a not-so-loud-and-annoying trip, because, judging by his clothes, he looked somewhere along the lines of the Mist or Waves.

Guys! Sorry that this chapter probably sucked, I tried to hurry it up. I mean, 20 chapters and I still am not in the Zabuza part. Things will start to go crazy since more of her power and past will be revealed. Yay! And, as always, enjoy the chapter and I'll see you on the next update!
ThatRandomLoveStory-