Over The Hill With The Swords Of A Thousand Men Part 2

I'm not quite sure how long Noir and I have been sitting here holding each other but his crying has stopped and he is quiet again.

"Miss Campbell, May I have a word?" I look toward a new voice and lock eyes with "Mr Edgar?" I ask and tilt my head before standing up "Uh sure...why not" I walk over to him and follow as he starts walking toward the elevator.

The trip to his office was torturously quiet...I sit on a chair across from him at his desk "What is this about sir?" I ask fiddling with my sleeves. He looks me over slowly and judgingly.

He takes a breath and crosses his arms "I didn't make you...Strange isn't it" He chuckles and leans forward on the desk "Sir? What are you saying?" I furrow my brows "I'm saying...You are not my product, I did not make you, We have run tests on your blood and there is not a single drop of Compound V" He looks very...shaken. My eyes widen as I stand up "Then how do I have these powers?" I ask pacing back and forth.

Mr Edgar stands up "That...I do not know. You could have a permanent spot here you know, You just need to get with the program" He smiles and I can practically see the dollar signs in his eyes.

"I'm not interested. I am only here due to a deal with Homelander" I stop pacing and look at him. He sighs "Why must you be so difficult? It truly is a waste of your power, You could be doing so much more and let's not forget the breeding potential this has. You could make real superheroes an-" Every single window in the room smashes as my eyes glow "I am not some breeding machine! I will not be used as such and you would do well to remember who you are talking to right now. You keep mentioning how powerful I am but you forget you are simply human, I could crush you like an ant and wipe this whole building from existence with a single wave of my hand and not think twice about it!" I snarl my crown forming atop my head.

I think this is the first time in his life he has been scared of someone "You are excused, See yourself out" He's shaking. I search his mind for the truth on my blood and Homelander and as soon as I find where he is I purr flipping my hair over my shoulder and walking out.

XX

Homelander is going to kill me...I teleport into a backyard and see him pacing "Homelander? I'm sorry for intruding but I wanted to see you..." I say calmly and his head snaps to me "You shouldn't be here, This is a private thing" He walks over to me grabbing my arm "I know I'm sorry but I just wanted to warn you...Edgar might try and do something against me. We got into a small uh argument thing and I may have threatened him" I look up into Homelanders eyes and he grins at me "You threatened the boss? You? I'm a little proud~" He lets my arm go and puts his arms behind his back.

"Don't worry about him, He won't do anything that will piss me off" Homelander smiles at me.

The back door opens making me look over to it. My eyes widen landing on a little boy...He is a spitting image of Homelander "I-Is he?" I look at Homelander "My son" He nods. I kneel down to be level with the boy "Hey there" I smile at him. He looks at my hair and smiles "Woah is that real? Oooh and your eyes too?!" He smiles brightly making me giggle "Yeah both are completely natural, you like it?" I ask shaking my head a bit to mess my hair up. He nods "I love it! Can I touch it?" He asks shyly, I lower my head a bit "Go for it" I smile and listen in on Homelander 'She's amazing with him...Wonder if she wants any kids' He thinks fondly. I giggle as the boy messes up my hair a bit then pulls back "Blue nest!" He laughs.

I gasp and shake my head around "Good job! Mind if I fix it a bit?" I look at him and he smiles"Not at all!" I snap my fingers and my hair reverts back to normal and smooth "WOAH! Are you like my dad?" He looks at me wide-eyed "I uh...kinda? My stuff is a little different" I glow my eyes and swirl my magic around my hand "See?" I purr, He is completely in awe watching it.

"You can touch it if you want, it's not painful or anything" I smile holding out my hand. He swirls his hand through it "It kinda tickles" He laughs.

"Ryan?!" A woman yells walking out of the house, She freezes seeing me so I stop the magic and stand up.

"Don't worry I'm friendly" I smile at her but she just glares and pulls the boy well Ryan away from me "Mom she's nice!" He huffs. I get a better look at her now and I recognize her from Butcher's stuff...

"It's Becca right?" I ask keeping my tone soft, Her eyes widen "How do you know that?" She asks cautiously "I know Butcher...He's a friend very loose term but still there" I smile and I see her relax almost immediately "OK time to go" Homelander lifts me up and shoots into the sky, I scream holding on "We are so not at this level of trust!" I yell over the wind "You can fly anyway and after seeing how you were with Ryan? I'm not gonna drop you, kid likes you" He shakes his head "Now tell me everything that went on with Edgar" He looks at me.

Should I? I mean I trust him about as far as I can throw him...

I have nothing to lose...I groan and cup his cheeks showing him my memories of the meeting with Edgar.

After a few seconds I let go and Homelander is stunned, His eyes are wide and he hasn't said a word.

"Homelander?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head "You aren't a supe? Then what are you?" He furrows his brows and I shake my head "I have no idea...I'm just as lost as you are" I lean my head on his chest as he heads for the tower.

"I'm sure something will come to light...Can we try again? We were doing just fine dating before the Hugh Campbell stuff..." He sighs "He's my brother Homelander that won't change so you'd have to accept that...And I honestly don't know if I am ready for that with you" I look away "It's Noir isn't it? You like him more than me" He whispers I barely hear it "I like him yes and don't even think about harming him over it...He doesn't deserve that and I would retaliate for him" I step away from him as we land on the roof "I won't hurt him...If I have to prove to you I can be somewhat good then I will" He walks inside the building, I rub my temples and teleport back to the boys.

"This is the NYPD. This boat has been reported stolen and you are all under arrest" A voice comes over a speaker from a helicopter "What the hell did I miss?" I ask Hughie "Nothing yet" He says nervously, I walk over to M.M and Butcher "Ahoy, Gents. I am the captain of My Big Wet Dream. I'm holding papers signed by the owner for the lease of this vessel. So there must be some sort of misunderstanding" Butcher explains to the helicopter.

"Look out!" M.M yells pulling Butcher and I to the ground as an anchor flies out of the water toward us. My head snaps up looking to the cause of it. It's just a man? "Get his hands!" Butcher yells, I glow my eyes as Kimiko restrains the man but he gets a hand free and mangles the helicopter...

"No!" I scream and catch the helicopter with my magic before it hits the water, I use one hand to lower it gently for the men to get out safely and then use my other hand to tie the man's hands together with my magic keeping all of them covered.

"Time to go!" Butcher yells and looks at me "Good job Love" He smiles starting up the boat. Hughie throws a lifebuoy toward the men as we drive off.

"Ok who the hell is that guy and can I please punch him?" I snarl at the man who almost killed us. Kimiko quickly steps in front of me and shakes her head. I look into her mind and my eyes widen "H-He's your brother?" I ask seeing it. She nods and smiles at me "Fine I won't hurt him but the magic stays on ok?" I look at her firmly and she nods again.

I walk over to Hughie "I need to talk to dad after this is done...I think he's somehow been lying to us" I sit on a sofa. Hughie looks at me "What? How?" He asks sitting beside me. I take a breath "I have no compound V in my body Hughie..." I say quietly "But you have powers? You must have it" He furrows his brows "Nope not a single drop. Edgar is shocked, I checked his mind to make sure he didn't lie and he didn't. There is none of it in me...Which means something is messed up because he told us that is why mom left" My body shakes a bit "What's going on over here?" Butcher asks standing in front of me. I groan and rub my temples "I'll explain later, for now we need to focus on this job. We need to talk anyway" I smile up at him but he seems to understand and drops it.

End of Part 2 I hope it's enjoyable.

-Ray