Unveiling the Path

It's finally the day Rio is going to meet Karma's parents, and she can't say that she feels confident, especially considering her usual demeanor as an entrepreneur. However, all she wants is for his parents to have a good impression of her, knowing that they don't seem to like her much.

As they sit in the car, preparing themselves to look presentable, Rio prays for a good day or at least hopes it won't rain. Fidgeting with her fingers, Karma notices her alarm and the nervousness surrounding her. Slowly, it begins to disappear as Karma touches her hands, causing her to look at him.

"Don't worry. If anything happens, always remember, I'll fight for us, for you." he says to her with a calm tone, melting away all the negative thoughts Rio was having.

"I know, and I'll do my best for them to like me." she replies, giving him a reassuring smile. Karma smiles back at her, taking her hands towards his lips, kissing them, and leaning in to kiss her lips too. Rio returns the gesture, and the two smile at each other.

Karma exits the car first and opens Rio's door like a gentleman. Rio appreciates the gesture and admires the mansion of the Akabane family. It's not overly huge, but it clearly belongs to a wealthy family. They walk towards the door, and Karma rings the bell. Rio corrects her posture while Karma smiles at his girlfriend.

The door opens, revealing John, the butler of the Akabane family for 20 years. His face remains nonchalant as he observes Rio, impressed that his young master has finally brought a girl to the mansion. He greets them both and leads them to the dining hall where the owner of the mansion awaits.

"Greetings, master and mistress. Young master has arrived with his guest." he announces, and both adults embrace their son. Karma taps them and gestures for them to sit. Rio carefully takes her seat beside Karma while observing her surroundings.

Every part of the house seems filled with luxury. It's a reminder that you can't judge a mansion solely by its physical appearance. Rio is amazed by the interior decorations and the neat designs on the walls. It's simple yet screams elegance, and she appreciates the ambiance of their house. But the true test of their relationship is about to unfold.

"So, how did the two of you get to know each other?" Karma's father asks, looking at Rio. Karma is about to answer the question, but his father stops him. "Not you, son, but her."

Rio is stunned by the statement and looks at him. "We were classmates in middle school, and though we were separated during high school, we met again during college, where we started to get to know each other deeply."

Karma's father remained silent, but he seemed satisfied to hear the answer. "I see, the right age for being in a relationship."

The two smiled at each other upon hearing the old man's response, but the woman showed no sign of satisfaction. Instead, she sat there, listening to their conversation.

Until a new topic was brought up.

"Do you believe you deserve to be my son's partner?" Karma put his cup down and glared at his mother, while his father scanned the room. Rio could only look at her boyfriend's mother, who sipped her wine elegantly.

She exhaled and gulped before answering the question. "I believe I deserve your son, madam. I am the type of person who always prioritizes my work before anything else. To achieve my goals, I must be responsible in my duties and maintain a balance in my personal life. Furthermore, I believe I am the only one who can challenge Karma in anything. He's not easy to get along with, but once you know his true nature, he's just a boy who deserves love. And I believe that girl should be me, because I can give him the love he deserves."