Chapter 31

Emelie looked at Adrien and sighed. Ladybug grit her teeth, knowing that the akuma victim was still rampaging around the city. Though she knew that they could also use Emelie against Hawkmoth as well. Could she do that? Would she be able to use her boyfriend's mother against his father to bring him down?

"Adrien... You and your friend are using miraculous?" Emelie said, looking over to Ladybug.

"You know about miraculous?" Adrien asked.

"Yes... Your father and I used the Peacock and Butterfly miraculous to start a life here in Paris. We started off with doing good deeds. Building reputations... building a life. Until we found out that mine was damaged." Emelie said quietly.

"You started getting sick..." Adrien said, a frown starting to appear.

"Yes... I did everything I could to make sure that you and your father would be happy, even if I wasn't here." She smiled, rubbing Adrien's cheek with her thumb.

"Adrien... we need to-" Ladybug said, trying her best to be supportive but also be the superhero that Paris needed.

"I know... but... Mom... I... Would like you to meet someone." Adrien sighed, finally stepping off of the bed.

Emelie smiled and nodded for her son to step back. Adrien gave a worried look as she hadn't walked in so long he was worried if she should even be out of bed. He offered her his arm to help stand and helped her walk over to Ladybug who also walked toward Adrien's mother.

Ladybug looked up at Emelie with an awkward smile, not sure what to say. Ladybug glanced over at Adrien who was smiling at her and took a slight breath in, trying to recollect herself. This was... going to be her mother in law... hopefully. She shouldn't be so nervous but she was. Was she nervous because she was meeting her for the first time... or nervous because of the plans she was thinking about doing?

"This is my girlfriend." Adrien smiled softly.

Emelie smiled down at Adrien and turned back to Ladybug who blushed. She couldn't be angry with him... telling his mother who she was made her heart skip a beat. Though telling his mother that... Ladybug was his girlfriend would be a little hard to explain if things went the way she hoped.

Out of nowhere, Ladybug felt arms wrap around her and she looked at who was hugging her. Emelie had wrapped her in an embrace. Ladybug smiled and hugged her back.

"I'm glad to meet you. You have to be someone special if you're dating my son. Please take good care of him." Emelie said softly into Ladybug's ear.

Ladybug watched as Emelie leaned out of the hug and smiled down at her. Ladybug nodded then looked toward Adrien.

"We need to find the Akuma." Ladybug repeated.

"LB..." Adrien started, with a frown.

"I know Adrien... That little girl caused your mother to wake up... but-"

"LB please... I just got her back. I don't want to let her go. I just lost my father." Adrien begged.

Adrien looked down at his finger, where Plagg's ring would be. He was about to suggest that they could make the wish that his father would wish. He now understood why his father wanted to make the wish. This pain of losing his mother all over again. It hurt. It hurt so much. Was this part of his father's plan? To wake his mother? To toy with his emotions? Was his father that manipulative and evil?

"What do you mean you've lost your father? What happened to Gabriel, Adrien!" Emelie said worried, placing both her hands on each of his shoulders as she looked in his eyes.

"Father... went to jail because he was... is... akumatizing people. He is trying to get Ladybug's miraculous. He already took mine... which was the cat miraculous." Adrien explained.

"Why? Why is he doing this?" Emelie asked.

"He wants to unify the Ladybug and Cat miraculous to make a wish. I'm guessing to bring you back to life." Ladybug said, causing Emelie to turn to Ladybug.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry Adrien." Emelie said as she pulled him into a tight hug, feeling the tears roll down her cheeks.

Ladybug watched as they both hugged one another again and then Emelie stood up as she wiped her eyes. Ladybug pulled out a treat for Duusu and gave it to her.

"Go ahead and transform back Adrien. Go find the girl."

"But mother-"

"Adrien, go find the girl, but don't turn her back. I need to speak to your father first." Emelie said, seeing both Adrien and Ladybug's worried faces.

Adrien nodded slightly and transformed back then looked to Ladybug. She nodded to him and then she started to leave when she saw Scabious give Emelie one more hug before dashing off with her.

"Now... Gabriel... we're going to have a nice long chat."