Chapter 37

As Adrien shut the door behind him, he heard a door to his cousin's room open and shut. A few seconds later, Felix walked up to him.

"Cousin? What are you doing just standing outside of your room?" Felix asked, confused yet intrigued.

Adrien didn't know if he should tell him or not about where the miracle box was so he decided to lie.

"Marinette... She needed a little privacy." Adrien smiled.

"Privacy?" He asked again.

"She needed to change. That's all." He shot back, hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

"Well our mothers decided to have a family dinner. Am I right to assume that Marinette will be joining us?" Felix asked.

"Family dinner?" Adrien asked, confused.

"Yes, get Marinette and follow me." He said.

Adrien nodded and knocked on his bedroom door.

"Uh.. Marinette..? Are you uh... done changing?" He asked, trying to sound as believable as possible.

"Changing..? Uh.. oh! Yes! I'm done changing!" She replied.

They heard footsteps and soon the door swung open, creating a gust of air to push her hair around her face.

"Please follow me, our mothers would like to discuss some things with all of us." Felix said, turning and walking down the hall toward the stairs.

Adrien looked at Marinette and shrugged, following Felix. Marinette took a deep breath and followed Adrien, glancing back at his bedroom where the miracle box was hidden.

As Marinette made it down the stairs, she saw both of the boys go into the dining room. She turned the corner and found Felix's mother Amalie and Adrien's mother Emelie.

"Oh! Marinette! Thank you for joining us." Amalie said with a smile.

Felix and Adrien both took a seat at the table, Marinette sitting beside Adrien.

"What's going on?" Adrien asked.

"Well... Your Aunt and I were talking about how I'm back...and... well... we wanted to have a family dinner." Emelie smiled.

"That's not all. We want to go on vacation!" Amalie spoke up.

"Vacation?" Felix asked.

"Wh-where?" Adrien asked, looking at both of them.

"We were thinking about going on a weekend trip. We aren't sure about the details just yet. How does that sound?" Emelie asked, with another bright smile.

"I've... never been on vacation." Adrien said, thinking about rejecting the idea of going but remembered that he... was no longer Chat noir.

He didn't have a reason to object. He could go where he pleased.

"Well... tomorrow you will!" Amalie said with a slight laugh.

"Will you be joining us, Marinette?" Emelie asked, tilting her head to see Marinette a little better.

"M-me?! Join all of you? I would... have to ask my parents." She said with a bright blush.

"What a lovely idea! Why not invite them to dinner tonight? We could ask them there and they can meet all of us. You are dating Adrien, doesn't that make you close enough to family?" Amalie said excitedly.

"I... I suppose." Marinette said, looking down, trying to hide her blush.

"Splendid! I can't wait to meet them!" Emelie smiled.

Adrien's face flushed red as well thinking about how his first vacation would be with his girlfriend.

"Oh mother? Could I invite a friend over for dinner as well?" Felix asked.

"Of course dear." Amalie smiled.

Felix smiled and stood up from the table, walking out of the room to make a phone call.

"Hello?" The voice said as the phone call was picked up.

Felix: "Hey, Lila... it's Felix."

Lila: "Oh... it's you. What do you want?"

Felix: "We're having a family dinner tonight. I would like you to come."

Lila: "Come there to eat dinner... with you? Why would I ever do that?"

"Well... I guess since it doesn't matter anymore, I'll tell you... I'm actually Tigre."

The silence was louder than anything in those few seconds it took for her to adjust to the new information.

"You're telling me... you're Tigre. The super hero who was crushing on me?"

"Well... yes I was the super hero and I was not crushing on you. I was simply going to help you get home."

"Yeah... ok. Hmm... sure, I'll come to dinner. My plans just became free actually. I should be free by 8."

Felix rolled his eyes with a smile, slightly shaking his head.

"Be here at 6."

He hung up, not letting her object to any other time.