Chapter 39

Adrien was about to go back into the bedroom but Marinette stood in his way. He looked at her a little confused. He took hold of her hand that seemed to stray behind her, holding the door knob and took it. He pulled her close to him.

"What is the matter? Is everything alright? You're not making any sense." He asked, looking into her blue ocean eyes that were still full of worry and agitation.

"It's... Lila. She's up to something. She's always-"

"We both know how Lila is. Don't worry. I'll keep a close eye on her." He reassured her.

"But Adrien-"

Before she knew it, their lips were so close, the slightest movement would cause them to intertwine. Her breath became heavy with temptation. Almost yearning for his touch that would sweep over her and reassure her of everything he said. She closed her eyes and waited for him to kiss her but after a few seconds, she opened her eyes to find him leaning out. She looked at him confused, considering he was the one who initiated all of the emotions that just flurried around them. She looked at where he was looking and she saw Emelie walking by, with a smile on her face. Marinette turned back to Adrien and saw his face was bright red and panic in his eyes.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Y-yes. Sorry." He said, snapping out of it. "Where were we?"

He continued to lean down to Marinette but she turned her head away.

"Who knows who might see us." She said.

"We're dating." He persisted with a smile.

"Doesn't mean we want to flaunt it, kitty. As much as I would like to kiss you... I would rather do it privately. Not... in the hallway where anyone can watch." She said with a blush on her face.

Adrien chuckled and nodded, feeling it awkward earlier that his mother walked by and they were about to kiss. How it made him feel. He loved his mother, but kissing in front of her... felt... well weird.

Just as they agreed to leave the PDA, Adrien's mother popped her head around the corner with a smile.

"Oh... Marinette? Your mother and father will be joining us for dinner. I was coming to tell you that but didn't want to... interrupt. Also... no funny business in the bedrooms." She said, then left without another word.

The mention of them kissing and his mother was waiting... made them both feel a little awkward. Adrien opened his bedroom and let Marinette enter first, both not breathing another word to another. Felix and Lila both turned to them both and noticed both of their faces were bright red.

"Are... you alright?" Felix asked, confused as to what had happened.

"We're fine." Adrien smiled nervously.

They all stayed in Adrien's room and watched Tv, played some video games and overall just spent time with each other until it was time for dinner.

As Sabine and Tom sat down at the table, patiently waiting for their children to come down from the bedroom. They awkwardly sat in silence, looking at how Amalie and Emelie were twins... and both parents of Adrien and Felix... who were also twins.

Felix and Lila made their way down first, Marinette and Adrien following close behind them. As everyone finally sat down for dinner, light conversation was present until Amalie and Emelie called everyone's attention. Everyone looked to them, wondering what they were about to say... well... most were wondering. Marinette slide down in her seat slowly, terrified at what the outcome would be. Adrien turned to Marinette, seeing that she was uncomfortable and took hold of her hand.