Chapter 32

Scabious and Ladybug rush off and finally find the angel that was terrorizing the city. She was in a hospital, calling out for her mother. Ladybug turned to Scabious and saw he was still upset, which wasn't a surprise. If he wasn't a superhero he wouldn't have left his mother's side.

"Mommy? Where are you mommy?" The little girl called out.

Ladybug sighed and looked around. She saw a scared nurse near her and ran over to her.

"Can you give me all the details of today? Anyone come in with a woman and a child?" Ladybug asked.

"Yes, there was a bad car crash. The little girl was treated and will be fine, though the mother... didn't make it." The nurse frowned.

Ladybug and the nurse were hiding under a desk, hearing the little girl coming closer. Ladybug put her finger over her mouth to signal that they needed to be quiet. The little girl went by and down another hallway. Ladybug popped her head out from under the table and then looked for her partner. A door near them slid open and she saw he took cover in a nearby room. She looked at him and nodded for them to leave once she made eye contact. They ran down the hallway together, while ladybug explained how she had gotten akumatized.

"What?! He took advantage of a little girl's pain? She already lost her mother... why would he do that?" Scabious glared, outraged.

"He is blind to what he is doing. He is tunnel sighted. He wants the miraculous... that's it. We need to stop this." Ladybug sighed.

The akumatized girl shrieked and the building began to shake. Ladybug looked at Scabious, worried for his safety.

"Get out of here. Go get your mother, I will handle her." Ladybug instructed.

"But Milady-"

"Now! Go!" Ladybug demanded, and finally saw him turn away.

Ladybug redirected his sight toward the little girl but was surprised when she felt something warm wrap around her. She looked down and saw Scabious... Chat noir... Adrien was hugging her. She smiled softly and hugged him back.

"I'll be ok, go to your mother. Really."

"Be careful." He said, then ran off toward his mother's hospital room.

Ladybug then took a deep breath in and started calmly walking down the damaged and almost trembling floor, making her way to the little girl.

She followed the soft wimpers until she saw the angel girl crying in an empty hospital room.

Ladybug frowned, sad for the girl but was still cautious when the little girl turned to her.

"You lost your mother... didn't you?" Ladybug said.

The little girl cried more and the building shook harder, causing things to fall around them. Ladybug gripped the nearby wall to steady herself and then got down to her knees to be at eye level with the little girl.

"Your mother isn't here..."

"Where is she?!" The little girl demanded.

"You two were in a bad car crash and she didn't make it." Ladybug said slowly making her way to the girl.

The little girl made a face like she didn't believe her. Ladybug was close enough now that she hugged her tightly, a little afraid of what was going to happen.

The instant she wrapped her arms around her, she felt the little girl wrap her arms back around her, sobbing into her.

"Just because your mother isn't here anymore... doesn't mean she isn't with you. She lives within you. In your memories. In your laugh, in your tears, in your words, in everything you do and will do. She is always with you." Ladybug said, rubbing the girls back and laying her head on top of the little girl's head to comfort her.