Chapter One: A world Apart

Araneae kept to herself. She was always annoyed with the people around her. They all exploited her for her radiant abilities. She knew they did but she couldn't get out. Kingdom was no place for the weak and there was no way she could escape. Kingdom had their people everywhere and there was no way in hell she could leave without repercussions.

"Subject 01, I mean Arachnid.. Are... Aranea or.. whatever, don't think that your unsuccessful little mission will go unnoticed. Prepare for a long lecture from the Director." One of the Kingdom men said, shifting uncomfortably as he found her presence menacing.

"Que maravilla." Araneae mumbled slightly pushing past the people in the hall to move to the unfortunate place that is the Director's office. Whilst walking she thought back to when she used to wish for better. What great that did, she was still stuck here. Shaking the thoughts from her head she opened the door and entered the office, mentally sighing as she knew what she was about to endure.

X

Meanwhile, a world apart, there is a tennis ball hair colored boy, hyping up his team and also trying to convince Brimstone to take them all out for boba.

"C'mon Brim! We all did so well, don't be a buzz kill. I know a place we could go too! Its near my hometown, has the best boba you will ever taste, trust." Gekko nags at Brim, desperate to get drinks for the team.

"This isn't going to be a reoccurring event is it?" Brim questions, already knowing whatever answer Gekko replies is going to 100% be a lie.

"Aww don't be like that Grandpa! Just take us out this one time and-"

"Alright kid, just... go tell the others." Brim cuts Gekko off, clearing out the pre-set navigation whilst Gekko jumps off running to go tell the others. "Kids" Brim mutters while shaking his head.

X

Araneae storms out of the director's office. Annoyed she's been set to do more meaningless training all because she wasn't able to execute her mission flawlessly like the director wanted."I didn't even fuck up it was that dumb blonde boy with his stupid arrows and the stupid valo something or other team from Alpha Earth." she muttered to herself grabbing a rifle from her locker before heading towards the training center.

After training for the better part of 3 hours, Araneae finally headed off to her quarters to get some rest before being forced to wake up at 8am sharp the next day. Sheading herself from her gear upon opening her door, unfortunately the cause of her annoyance calls her.

"Why's the director always gotta call me. Obsessive cabrón, get a life." she grunts, picking up the company issued phone.

"Director" she states flatly.

"Mission. Tomorrow. Be at loading docks at 6:40am. You will be going to Alpha Earth. Details will follow in the morning." the director asserted.

"Roger"

"Good. See you then."

The call disconnects and Araneae groans setting an alarm for 5 in the morning before laying down in the cinder block of a bed, annoyed with the insomnia she knows she's about to face.

X

After being briefed and sent through a very sketchy portal, here she stood on Alpha Earth. Instantly she felt as if a weight was literally taken off her shoulders, like the air has been restored in her lungs, finally allowing her to breath. Even her mood, something she didn't know could go from anything other than annoyance and boredom swayed and improved. She felt curious and optimistic while taking in her surroundings. Trying to rid herself of these emotions to continue her mission, she continues wondering through the abandoned and damaged building she wound up in. Sensing a shift in energy, and hearing a helicopter overhead, her senses went on high alert.