Chapter Two: Proving your worth

Two hours of questioning. This was just presumptuous, outlandish even. Fortunately Cypher, although secretive and kept to himself, was more reasonable with his questioning, unlike Viper who just demanded information from the girl.  She argued with circular reasoning and it was quite frankly, very annoying making Araneae want to answer even less.

"Viper if you could just excuse us a moment?" Cypher askes, wanting her to leave so that just him and Araneae could talk.  Besides Viper could just watch the footage later because you already know cypher's ass was filming that shit.

"Fine," she replies flatly. Abruptly getting up leaving, slamming the door as she left.

"Sorry about her, quite, well you know, " Cypher continues. "I have one last question," Cypher starts again, looking up to Araneae waiting for her response.

"Yea ok," she responds, knowing it's never just one question.

"Why are you here?" he asks.

"I've told you I was sent by Kingdom to retrieve files containing radianite locations," she responds bored.

"Yes but why you?" Cypher adds.

"It's never just one more question," she groans, "because I'm a radianite," she finishes.

"Hah, apologies friend," Cypher starts, knowing he definitely had more questions.  "Why does being a radianite mean that you're the only one that they can send on the mission?" Cypher follows up.

Becoming very irritated she groans again before responding, " I dunno man. I go where they tell me to go, and do what they tell me to do. I don't question anything because, quite frankly, I enjoy not being dead," she responds, annoyance very evident in her voice.

"hmm," Cypher thinks before continuing, "would you consider joining the valorant protocol?" He asks.

"What?" she asks blankly.

"I think you would be a great edition, besides I know almost everything about you and your abilities. I don't foresee you being of any harm, in fact I think you would contribute greatly, to the team" Cypher elaborates.

"I mean I guess. It's not like I have anywhere to go anyways," she says, not believing that he's telling the truth about being a good edition.

"I will talk to Brimstone, I will talk to you in a moment Evangeline," he states collecting his things, standing up to leave.

"Wait how did you know that?" Araneae asks quickly sitting up straight, looking at him.

"Nothing stays hidden from me, nothing," he replies, smirk evident in his voice.

"That is so actually unfair," she mumbles slouching in her seat realizing Cypher won't tell her how he found out her real name.

"Do not worry, I respect your privacy, I will not tell anyone your name if it is against your wishes," he responds at the door.

"Yea, don't," she replies rather flatly.

Nodding once before closing the door behind him, off to go find Brim to relay information.

X

Returning to the interrogation room in the Valorant headquarters, Brim and Cypher re-enter to see Araneae sitting on top the table.

"Got bored of the chair?" Cypher chuckles, watching as Araneae shifts her gaze from the floor to the two men in front of her.

"You need a clock in this room," she begins, ignoring his question. "I have a bad concept of time and not having a clock males it feels like I've been here for three hours," she finishes moving off the table back down to the chair and sitting on it backwards, looking over at the two by the door.