Chapter 16: I love you

Mateo watched her disappear down the hall, a small smile tugging at his lips. He finished up the dishes ,thinking about what Evie might have planned. After drying his hands, he made his way to his room to shower like she told him to.

Half an hour later after she was out of the shower, Araneae had no idea what to wear. She decided to text the girlies group chat to ask for help.

Araneae: GUYS I NEED HJELPPPPPP!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭WHAT DO YOU WEAR ON A FIRST DATE?????

Neon: YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE?!?!!?👀👀👀

Jett: OMG FINALLY! Where are you and Gekko going??

Araneae: Taking him to a cat cafe. He mentioned he wanted to go to one once n theres one nearby.

Killjoy: Aww so cute! Take me and Raze with you haha!

Skye: Cats are super cute! Good choice Rainy!

Reyna: Gekko just texted me asking for help with an outfit lol.

Sage: aww they are both so cute!🫶

Viper: please take me out of this group chat.

Deadlock: Mute notifications like I do. Good luck Araneae.

Araneae: Good luck??? 😰Ashdshadsajhdasdashds

Raze: Ha!

Jett: Raze what are you laughing at?

Araneae: Is anyone rlly good at doing hair?

Killjoy: Oh! Ask Astra!

Astra: I'd love to help with you're hair! 💜

Viper: I have more pressing matters to deal with. There is a new agent to be admitted to the protocol.

Araneae: A new agent????!?!!!!!!👀👀 (also srry viper lol)

X

After figuring out what to wear with the help of the girls, Araneae had decided on a tan shirt, black jeans, black and white hightop converse, and a cream colored oversized button up jacket. Astra was in the short blondie's room to help with her hair and makeup.

"Chale, you look so pretty what am I even doing here?!?" Astra cheerfully asks at an obviously stressed Araneae.

Araneae looked up at Astra with a grateful yet anxious smile. "I just need your magic touch, Astra. You always know how to make everything look perfect. Besides look at you're hair! Its always so pretty!"

Astra chuckled, her accent carrying a soothing tone. "Oh, stop stressing, my dear. You already look amazing."

Araneae took a deep breath and tried to relax as Astra worked on her hair, expertly braiding and styling it. "Thanks, Astra. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Ah, you're too sweet," Astra replied. "But really, you've got natural beauty. I'm just here to enhance it a bit."

As Astra finished with her hair, she moved on to Araneae's makeup, carefully applying each product with precision. "You know, this date sounds exciting. What's the plan, if you don't mind me asking?"

Araneae's cheeks flushed slightly as she smiled. "I'm not entirely sure. I just wanted to surprise Gekko with something special. We're going to a little cat cafe I found and other than that I really have no clue."

Astra nodded approvingly. "That sounds lovely. I'm sure he'll appreciate it no matter what" Once Astra completed the look, she stepped back to admire her work. "All done. Take a look in the mirror."