Chapter 10: Win the war for me

X

"So ur going on a mission tomorrow?" Araneae questions, stealing one of Gekko's grapes off his plate and popping it in her mouth.

"Yea. Too bad we're leaving your ass here," Gekko jokes booping her nose.

"Dang, loving me and leaving me behind I see," Araneae sarcastically replies taking the grape out of Gekko's hand and eating it.

"Hey? You really have to steal the one in my hand?" Gekko asks, smile evident on his face, grabbing another grape.

"Yup, and I'll do it again," Araneae says smirking as she steals yet another grape from Gekko's plate.

X

"Shit we've been playing video games for like 4 hours, you gotta go get your beauty rest for your mission tomorrow," Araneae states, fixing her posture on the couch in the living room area.

"¿cinco minutos más?" Gekko whines.

"No, go to sleep," Araneae says laughing and smacking him with a nearby throw pillow.

"Pleaseeeeeeeee," Gekko continues to whine, laying across her lap looking up at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Muñeco, ve a dormir. Ahora!" Araneae replies pushing him off her and to the floor only for him to grab her and pull her down with him.

Gekko was now lying flat on his back, Araneae in a push up position atop him.

"If I'm going down, you're going with me," Gekko says staring into her eyes.

"Oh yea?" Araneae questions moving her hair out of her face.

"Always," Gekko says, eyes pooling with serenity, suddenly brining the playful moment into a more serious one.

Both were now more aware of their surroundings, staring into each other's eyes, blush creeping on their faces.

"Ahem?" Viper coughs from behind them, Chamber right behind her looking a little less put together than usual.

Quickly Araneae and Gekko jump away from each other and start quickly defending themselves.

"This wasn't what it looks like," Araneae starts.

"Yeah no, I pulled her down on top of me and-"

"Not like that! He pulled me off the couch when I pushed him and-"

"Quite. I really don't care what you were doing," Viper cuts Araneae off walking off to the kitchen. "Come Chamber."

Spitting out his coffee, "what?" Chamber asks, alarmed.

"To the kitchen?" Viper replies, confused, walking off.

"Ohhh. Sure thing Mon chéri" Chamber replies, quick to follow her.

X

"Get some sleep pretty boy. Say goodbye to me in the morning yea?" Araneae questions, Gekko stood in his doorway.

"For sure, see you tomorrow. Good night princesa," Gekko replies taking a step back into his room.

"Night querido," Araneae replies turning to start walking to her own room.

X

Araneae wakes up to a text from Gekko.

Did I leave my vest in your room?

Upon reading her text she looked over at the chair at her desk, seeing his iconic green, purple and orange vest.

TOoOOtally not