Chapter 5: Rainy day

Deciding she's too lazy to send a text,  Araneae calls Gekko to ask his if he minded if she went and caught up with him.

Gekko's phone goes off interrupting his music, normally he would be annoyed but seeing as it was Araneae calling, he smiled before cheerfully answering, "Hey Rainy, Whats up?"

"Hey, where you at? Can I still join you on your walk?" she cheerfully responds.

" yea of course!" Gekko cheers. "I'm actually only barely out the back door because I forgot to grab a jacket and it's quite cold out here," Gekko replies.

"Ok bet. I'll be there out in a minute, see you soon chico lindo," she replies starting to walk to the back door.

"See you soon Rainy," he finishes before hanging up the phone, smile still evident on his face only to have all his buddies decide to point it out. "What am I not allowed to smile when talking to a friend?" Gekko asks annoyed his buddies are still pressing the matter.

Its then that Dizzy and Wings start going on and on about how he definitely has a huge crush on the girl, Gekko vigorously denying it. "Guy's drop it, we've already been over it" Gekko states, exasperated.

"Been over what?" Araneae replies walking out the door that none of them heard open.

Shocked and now panicked Gekko quickly replies, "nothing important, just the gang and I uh talking." Gekko looks away realizing how sus that definitely sounded and preparing a reply to the question he knew she was gonna ask.

"I'm assuming you don't wanna talk about it so I'll drop it," Araneae starts. "But just know I definitely did not buy that lame ass excuse," she finishes chuckling a bit at the end.

Smiling Gekko responds, "Thanks, and that was a lame excuse if I'm being honest," Gekko finishes chuckling a bit as well.

"You still gonna go on a walk?" Araneae questions looking in the distance seeing rain clouds.

Not realizing the weather Gekko is confused. "Yeah why?" He questions.

"Rain," she says motioning to the sky full of clouds ready to rain at any moment.

"Oh," he replies looking over to where she was motioning. "These guys need to get their zoomies out, otherwise they're gonna make a lot of  people angry inside," he adds.

" I don't mind walking in the rain, I actually love the rain, so it's up to you," Araneae replies shrugging before putting her hands in her hoodie pocket.

"You guys up for a walk in the rain?" Gekko asks his buddies getting an exited commotion back.

"I'm assuming that means yes?" Araneae replies.

"Yup," Gekko replies as his buddies zoom ahead on the path. "Damn ok," Gekko laughs, earning a smile from Araneae.

X

Sitting down on a bench under a tree, Gekko and Araneae were casually chatting about anything and everything that came to mind as Gekko's buddies splashed around in puddles and the mud in the small field  in front of them.

"Are you gonna bathe them?" Araneae asks gesturing towards the, very muddy creatures in front of them. "Or do you like just rinse and dry them?"

"I tried giving them a bath once," He replies. "Thrash was the only one who didn't get mad when I tried to use soap and I'm pretty sure the only reason she wasn't mad was because she was trying to eat the soap," Gekko adds making Araneae laugh.

"Damn. Did she eat it though?" Araneae asks.

"No, fortunately my mom came in to help but she said she wasn't going to help again because they were flooding her bathroom," he replies, memory coming back to him in his mind.