Chapter 14: Always for you, mi corazón

Upon getting back to base everyone was full of questions, trying to ask him what happened and what not. It was clear to Araneae that he was not up for this. She had pushed past the crowd of people circling the green haired boy, grabbing his hand and pulling him away.

"Guys let him be. You can't imagine what he must be going through, give him some space," Araneae says, pulling the stressed boy along with her.

"Thanks E," Gekko says quietly as soon as they were out of the crowded entry way.

"Of course," Araneae says smiling. "Where to?"

"I guess my room," he replies.

"Okay,"

X

Mateo faceplants into his bed, the blankets and pillows engulfing him. He exhaled deeply, trying to shake off the fear that still clung to him. Evie watched him from the doorway, her eyes filled with concern.

"Hey," she said softly, walking over and sitting next to him. "Do you wanna do something to take your mind off of everything or just rest?"

"How about a movie marathon?" Mateo replies sitting up.

"Sure, do you have a movie in mind?"

"Not really," Mateo replies, looking down, kind of embarrassed kind of sad.

"How about the fast and furious movies?" Evie happily replies.

"Sure! I've never seen them," Mateo happily responds.

"You what."

The two just made eye contact, Evie with a baffled face, Mateo on the verge of laughing.

"I can't believe you just told me that," Evie responds flatly.

"Sorry?" Mateo offers.

"We are watching all of the fast and furious movies, there's no getting out of it now," Evie responds, earning a laugh from Mateo, in turn making her laugh as well.

As the movie started, she grabbed a blanket and draped it over both of them. "Comfort is key," she said with a wink, earning a blush on Mateo's cheeks. "You blush easy sometimes."

"callarse (shut up)! I do not!" Mateo says smashing a pillow into the blonde woman's face.

X

Mateo was back in the dark, dank room where he had been held captive. The air was thick with a horrid smell, and the only light came from a single flickering bulb overhead. He was sitting in a cold, metal chair, his arms and legs tightly tied with immensely painful, hot, red chains. The heat from the chains radiated through his skin, causing pain with every movement.

He struggled, trying to free himself, but the more he fought, the tighter the chains seemed to get, burning deeper into his skin. The sound of his own panicked breaths echoed off the walls, along with the sound of footsteps approaching.

"You'll never see her again," a voice from the shadows had said. "She will die a long and painful death. And you? You'll just have to watch."

Mateo's heart pounded in his chest as he strained to see where the voice was coming from, but the darkness covered everything beyond the small circle of light around him. Panic set in as the footsteps drew closer.

"Mateo!"

He recognized that voice. It belonged to Evie.

Nonononononono. Please don't.

The director emerged from the shadows, gripping a limp Evie with his claws, dropping her body infront of him.

Mateo screamed out and a burning sensation spread from his chest, the pain consuming him entirely. He struggled, fought with everything he had, but the chains held firm, the director's laughter echoing all around him.