Prologue

The rain was getting heavier as I rushed home from my late study class. I wished I listened to my dad and took an umbrella home but I was being too stubborn and now look at where I am. Running in the rain, getting drenched from it. My uniform was sticking to my skin and my hair was getting heavier as it got completely soaked. I'm sure I have a bag full of water at this point. My poor notes.

I turned down a alley way, wanting to get home quicker but I came to a sudden stop. I blinked as the rain got into my eyes, blurring my sight but I could tell that what I was seeing wasn't normal. There was a body laying there, in a weird position. I rushed over to the body, seeing it was someone from my school. Mr Lee's son. Lee Jin-su. I wasn't friends with him but I did try and be nice to him as everyone avoided him as he was severely bullied. "Lee Jin-su!" I couldn't stop the words from spilling from my mouth.

I bent down to him, feeling the raindrops pelt off of my skin as I reached towards him, praying to whatever God was out there that he was okay. "Lee Jin-su. Are you okay?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder but there was no response. "I'll call for help!" I said before scrambling to get my phone out of my back, turning my back to the injured boy.

This was my first mistake. Never turn your back to them.

ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴶⁱ ⁿᵃ ⁽ᶠᶜ: ᴳᵒ ʸᵒᵒⁿ⁻ʲᵘⁿᵍ⁾

"Suffering means you're alive. And being alive, means you keep fighting."

Ji-na is one of the nicer girls in the class but does not tolerate any bullshit

Ji-na is one of the nicer girls in the class but does not tolerate any bullshit. She and Nayeon hate each other with a passion, even though the two girls used to be best friends. No one knows why she was friends with her though. She is best friends with Namra and has a crush on Cheong-san even though she knows that he has a crush on On-jo. She tries hard in her studies so that her father doesn't have to worry about her future.

ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴶᵃᵉ⁻ⁱᵏ [ᴸᵉᵉ ᴷʸᵘ⁻ʰʸᵘⁿᵍ]

"I'm a police officer but I'm always going to be a father first. My daughter comes first."