Chapter Three

The feeling of dread wasn't leaving my body and I couldn't shake it off

The feeling of dread wasn't leaving my body and I couldn't shake it off. After what I've witnessed, it was normal to be feeling like this. I just hoped my dad would hurry up and take Mr Lee so that I didn't feel as on edge as I do now. Everything led back to him and I don't know how I feel about it.

I took a deep breath as I stood on the other side of the door as I-sak already went in. She was being asked a lot of questions and honestly, I didn't want to deal with those questions. I bit down on my lip hard before placing my hand on the door. Only for it to be opened before I could do anything, revealing Cheong-san. I looked up at him, seeing the worry on his face, "Ji-na." He let out a breath before wrapping his arms around me, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head into his shoulder and buried my head into it before I started to cry. I hated being asked if I was okay when I wasn't. I didn't want to cry but I felt so safe with Cheong-san that crying a little bit was never a big deal between us. He pats my hair gently before guiding me somewhere more private. "It must've been scary..."

"I didn't know what was going on... I don't understand how this happened." I whispered, my voice trembling again as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He kissed the top of my head, something that would make me squeal in excitement if I wasn't so scared about what had happened and what will come of it, "I wish I was there so that you didn't have to witness it on your own." He whispered, "I can't imagine how scared you are feeling, reliving that trauma." He tightened his hold on me, "I won't let it happen again. I'm going to protect you as best as I can. I failed two times now, not again."

I nodded into his chest, pressing my ear against it as I listened to his heartbeat to calm down. I sighed softly, staying in this position when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, "Are you okay? Did she bite you?" Su-hyeok's voice rang out.

"No, it's just a scratch." Onjo's voice replied.

"You sure you're all good?"

"Hey, you wanted to meet me on the roof?"

I looked up at Cheong-san, seeing a look of amusement on his face as he was looking over the railings. I followed his example, seeing the two of them. I must've leaned too far as Cheong-san's grip on my waist tightened, pulling me back a bit.

"What?"

"You said come up after lunch. Can you just tell me now? I'm actually playing basketball after lunch."

I looked at Cheong-san, who looked at me, "Are you playing basketball too?" I whispered as quietly as I could. He nodded, making me smile a bit. It would do me some good to watch him play basketball, and take my mind off of things.

I looked back at the other two, seeing Onjo looking around, making herself look suspicious. She pulled out something from her hoodie pocket and handed it to him, "What's that?" She gestured for him to take it and he did. He looked at it in confusion, "Wait. This means..." He stammered, trailing off, "you wanna date me." I covered my mouth with two hands to muffle my gasp, shocked at the scene. She really gave him her name badge. I looked at Cheong-san who was also as shocked as me.