Chapter Two

I yawned as I woke up to my alarm, which was set an hour earlier than usual because they had changed the timing for school and I didn't want to be late

I yawned as I woke up to my alarm, which was set an hour earlier than usual because they had changed the timing for school and I didn't want to be late. I sat up on the bed, my eyes staring at my bedsheets, trying to find the will to get up this early. It was still dark outside, which was making me almost cry in frustration. I rubbed my eyes before slowly climbing out of bed and went to the bathroom to have a shower so I could start waking up and getting ready.

I could feel how tired my body was and knew it would take a while before I was back to full health. I sighed softly as I got dressed and dried my hair before putting it into two braids. I put on some perfume before grabbing the things I needed for school. I grabbed my cardigan before putting it on and walked to the kitchen, seeing that my dad was up as well, "Morning, appa. It's so early for you to be up."

He turned to look at me and smiled, "It's fine. If you have to get up, I'll get up too so that you eat before school." He said and brought the food over to the table.

I smiled, seeing that there was rice, rolled omelettes, bacon and eggs. I was so happy that I was going to be full until lunch. Hopefully. He also brought over two mugs of coffee, handing me one. I smiled at him, "Thank you, appa!" I said brightly, taking my mug and put down. I began to eat my breakfast. It always tasted so good. "You should've been a chef, appa!"

He chuckled, "Thanks for the compliment." He joked, eating his food as well.

I ate up my food when I noticed the time and grabbed my bowls before placing them into the sink. I grabbed my mug, drank down my coffee and put it into the sink as well. "I shouldn't be late. Hopefully." I said as I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag.

He walked over to me with some boxes in his hands. He put them into my bag with a water bottle. "You'll probably be hungry later. So eat this as well when you have a break too. And drink plenty of water. Cut down on the soda." He said, making me nod. He cupped my cheeks, "Have a fun day at school. Come to the station when you're done and we'll go home together, yeah?"

I smiled and nodded, "Okay. See you later!"

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "See you."

I waved at him before leaving the apartment to get to school, hoping to not be late.

--

I was so happy that I had woken up a lot earlier than usual because I had managed to get to school way before the morning bell. So I dropped my bag into my locker and walked around the school, looking for people from class that I knew. I ran my fingers through my hair as I was so bored and the day hadn't even started yet. I looked at my watch, noticing that it was nearly time for the bell to ring so I decided to head back to my classroom.

I could hear everyone talking and laughing, sounding so merry with each other which was nice. The good weather helped to improve the student's mental health. I came to a sudden stop when I heard something. It was so distinct that I wasn't sure if I heard it. Like clanging. I don't know where it came from but it was strange. It was unusual for janitors to be out at this time so I didn't understand what I was hearing.