Chapter Ten

I gasped pulling away from him as I covered my ears hearing a scream that pierced my ears

I gasped pulling away from him as I covered my ears hearing a scream that pierced my ears. It sounded familiar in some way but I don't know who it belonged to but I knew what they were screaming. Cheong-san. I looked at him, seeing that he was looking confused, "Who did you piss off?" I whispered softly.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused. "You're hearing again?"

I nodded, "I can't stop hearing. I hate it. It hurts my head." I said softly to him as I lowered my hands from my ears as it finally stopped. I sighed softly, "Stupid person screaming in the hallways, ruining everything." I mumbled to myself as I was mad that the person had broken up our kiss.

Cheong-san must've heard me and chuckled as he reached out to pat my head gently, "It's okay." He said softly.

I smiled at him before grabbing his vest. I pulled him close to me, kissing him once again. He kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist gently. He kissed me back softly before pulling away. He kissed my nose gently, "We really need to think about how to get out of here." He pointed out as he stood up. He held out his hand for me.

I nodded in agreement as I took his hand, pulling myself into a standing position. "Yeah... The windows seem to be out of the question." I said softly as I glanced at them. I looked down as something was put into my hands. I noticed it was the walkie and smiled looking at him, "Thank you."

I winced in pain and cowered into a ball as I covered my ears when I heard a noise from the intercom. I couldn't help but feel like a hindrance to Cheong-san as everything was setting me off. Everything was hurting me and I hated it. I looked up hearing a ripping noise.

Cheong-san walked over to me with some of his shirt being ripped and balled up the fabric into earplugs. I looked at him as I allowed him to place them into my ears. It didn't help a lot but it definitely dimmed down the noise for me. "Thank you," I whispered softly.

He pats my hair gently, "I wish none of this happened to you." He said softly, "That you weren't like this."

I bit my bottom lip and nodded in agreement, "Same with me but I'm the best person you have right now to keep you alive. I apparently can't die as I don't smell human to them." I said softly as I slowly stood up.

He cupped my cheeks gently, "I won't let you get hurt anything, I promise you."

I smiled at him and pat his hands gently, "Thank you. I'll try not to die on you as long as you don't either."

The intercom let out a loud squeak making me cover my ears and run to the furthest corner of the room away from it. I whimpered as I curled up into a ball. The makeshift earplugs were barely dimming the loud squeak out. "What are they doing in there?!" I snapped, getting really pissed off with the group.

"Anyone?" Joon-yeong's voice came through.

"I don't know how to do it." Dae-su's voice followed.

"Someone do it. Daesu?" Hyo-ryung's voice rang out.