Chapter Five

I was against a wall, curled up in a ball with my head on my knees, not wanting to talk to anyone as I could hear the zombies outside of the room

I was against a wall, curled up in a ball with my head on my knees, not wanting to talk to anyone as I could hear the zombies outside of the room. I was so wishing that this wasn't reality, that I was still asleep and just needed to wake up.

I heard movement beside me but I didn't bother to lift my head to the person. I just stayed in the same position, wishing to be rescued. I heard the person sigh before feeling their hand on mine, "Ji-na." I heard Cheong-san whisper to me. "Look at me." I just shook my head, "Come on, Ji-na."

I sighed softly before lifting my head up to look at Cheong-san. He gave me a small smile, reaching out to pat my hair gently. He played with my hair gently as he looked at me, "I hate it whenever you cry." He said softly, looking at me as he brushed my hair behind my ear. "Everything made be shit right now, but we promised to protect each other. Let's continue to do that, hm?" He asked.

I bit my lip as I looked at him. He tried to have a positive look on his face but his eyes showed his real feelings. Scared and worried. Just like I was feeling. I reached out to grab his hand with my own, linking our fingers together, "I'm scared..." I whispered, feeling his grip tighten on my hand, "And hungry..."

He let out a chuckle, "Did you not eat enough at lunch?" He asked, clearly teasing me. "If only I had a snack for you."

"I had food in my bag but I left it behind." I pouted. "I want them now."

He pats my hair gently, "It's okay." He said softly before kissing my cheek gently, "We'll hopefully get saved and you can eat to your heart's content. Until then, let's not fall apart anymore. Okay?"

I smiled at him softly before nodding to his words. I played with his fingers, trying to get my mind off of what was happening. Not noticing the look on Cheong-san's face as he stared at me. I popped my head up, hearing I-sak and Onjo talking, "Your hands are really-"

I gasped in shock when I noticed that I-sak was having a nosebleed. Just like what happened with Coach Kang and Min-ji. I watched as the girl wiped away the blood but it kept coming. "I-sak," Onjo said softly. "What's wrong? Are you-?"

"Really. I wasn't bitten." She tried to reassure her.

I slowly stood up and walked over to the two girls, my hands were shaking. "Were you bit, I-sak? It's okay." I said softly, grabbing her arm gently, "Are you okay?" I asked, hoping she wasn't in any pain.

She turned to me, a pleading look in her eyes, "I'm fine. Tell her that I wasn't bit, Ji-na. I'm okay. I really am." She begged, grabbing my wrists. She looked at the others, "I mean it. I really wasn't bitten." She said before looking back at Onjo, keeping her grip on my wrists.

"She said she was bitten." I heard behind me but I kept my eyes on the girl. Knowing that this would be the last time she would be human.

"What's going on?" Nayeon asked, making me turn to look at the girl in pink. She stood up, panicked, "Did you get bitten?"