Chapter Four

I placed my hands on Cheong-san's shoulder as he was still holding onto me

I placed my hands on Cheong-san's shoulder as he was still holding onto me. I smiled at him and kissed his nose gently before he put me down as he blushed bright red. "Thanks for the help but I'm sure I could've gotten down myself," I said quietly to him.

"I didn't want you to slip by accident." He said sheepishly as he wrapped his arm around my waist as we watched Onjo on the phone.

She turned to look at us, "They said they'll be here as soon as possible." She said, making us nod as she pocketed the phone into her hoodie.

I looked at Cheong-san before walking over to the window to look out it, seeing all the weird movements from people who were just humans not even an hour ago. It was scary how quickly the world could change. This wasn't meant to happen. I wondered how my dad was doing in the police station. I just hoped none of the monsters got out of the school grounds and went after anyone else but who knew the state of the world outside the gate?

I curled my hands into balls, digging my nails into my hands. If only I had told my dad who attacked me that night. Now we have to deal with the aftermath of me staying quiet. I just wanted to put everything behind me and here we were, in the most dire situation. All because I couldn't deal with the trauma that happened to me.

My eyes roamed over the bodies, not wanting to accept the reality that we were in now. I heard movement behind me, coming to a stop beside me as we looked out the window silently as we waited for help. I felt a warm hand on mine, squeezing it gently.

I then felt another hand on my shoulder, making me turn to face Su-hyeok who got in between me and Cheong-san, "No one's coming?" He asked, looking out the window.

"I think there's something happening at the gate," Cheong-san said, making me zero in on the bus that was at the gate.

"Let's call the cops again," Nayeon said, making me glance over at her. "Get them to listen." She looked at me, "Your dad is a cop, call him."

"With what phone? That phone only allows for emergency calls. So not much I can do, Nayeon." I said, looking at her with a shrug. I wanted to contact him but he hadn't answered the radio so I don't know what he was doing right now, apart from being with Mr Lee.

"I'm on the phone." Onjo chimed in, "But they aren't picking up."

I watched as Nayeon breathed, almost seeing the gears working as she stormed over to Namra, who was sitting in her chair, minding her own business. "Hey. Do something. Tell Ms Park to come and help." Namra turned to look at her as I walked to stand behind her, "Do something."

"Do what exactly?" Su-hyeok chimed in.

She looked at him, "I don't know. Anything!" She said before looking at Namra, "What have you done as class president?"

"Stop it."

Namra stood up and faced Nayeon, "Teacher's office? So you just want me to leave now?"

"Well if you're offering."