Chapter 5

Weekends is the most awaited days for the students but not for me. I don't like going home and spending a lovely time with my perfect image family.

"Hows school." The monotone voice of my father makes me stop. I force a smile and answerd him

"Everything is fine."

"Hah! As if." My mother chuckled while elegantly wiping the side of her lips with the table napkin.

We are having a peaceful dinner at the moment but I guess my mom can't hold her own mouth and decided to be a bitch as always

"I heard you were busy with your new song. How can you focuse on your study." She continue.

"What!?" My father look at me for confirmation. "Is that true Yoo Jebi?"

I immediately shake my head and force a smile. "It is true that I have a new song but my grades are still fine."

"Fine?" He asked in disbelieve. "Are you telling me that you are contented with just a fine grade." Oh shit, seems like I chose a wrong word.

"I'm sorry."

"I told you to focus on your studies. Music will get you to nowhere." He wipe his mouth and leave the dinning room.

"You useless child. You never fail to dissapoint us." My mom said after drinking from her wine glass

"You did it on purpose though." I said

She look puzzled. "What are you talking about?"

"Why do you hate me so much?" She put down the empty glass and look at me with her cold eyes

"It's obvious. Why are you even asking me about that. You are a failure, that's the only reason."

The next morning I almost snicker when my mother furiously walk toward me while holding a brown envelope. A frown was visible on her pretty face that is now red with anger.

Perfect!

"Yoo Jebi!"

"Yes Mother?" I calmly put down my teacup and look at her with a fake smile

She furiously throwed the brown enveloped in front of me as I pick it up calmly. My smile grow wider when I saw what is inside.

"You brat! you are doing it again." My eyes went back to her.

"I was also saddened when I found out about this mother." I said. "I mean how can my own mother do this to us. My heart is breaking."

"You don't look like it!" She screamed at my face. How I love seeing her like this.

"Calm down, mom. Your wrinkles are showing." I teased her

"I have none! you brat." She pointed her trembling finger at me. "Keep doing this and you'll see what'll happen."

I raise my tea cup and put it near my nose inhaling the sweet aroma of the tea before sipping on it.

"Listen to me you brat!"

This is so satisfying. Seeing my compose and elegant mother screaming and acting like this. I wonder what will be my father's reaction when he saw her like this.

I put down my empty teacup and look at her coldly.

"I am listening mother. It is you that is not listening to me. I told you before not to middle with my life, don't do anything that may dissapoint dad." I smile sweetly. "It seems like you forget so I'm just reminding you."

"You! Stop this already or els-"

"or else what?" My face darken as my cold brown eyes stare at her." You'll lock me up all day and force me to study without a rest until I meet your stupid expectation?" I snicker