Chapter 9

Thursday, September 28

Today is the 14th pyramid game.

I walk inside the room with my phone thightly held by my hand and sat down beside Da Yeon.

Do-Ah stand up and speak. "We'll begin HR. Go to your seats, everyone." As she was walking towards the front. The back door suddenly opened and Ja Eun walk inside almost grabbing everyone's attention

"Are you going to join the Game?"

"Yes."

"Then sit down." Do-Ah turn her back and proceed preparing for the game. I saw how Soo-Ji move to faced Ja-Eun who just sat down and talk with her in a hush tone.

I looked beside me and saw Da Yeon glaring at them. I let out a sighed and focuse on my own phone and click on the app.

Something will definitely change after this.

"Did you get the message? The link to the app?" Do-Ah questioned her and Ja Eun just answer her with a meak nod.

"I'll skip the minor details since you'd know the rules. Now begin the voting for the 14th pyramid game."   

An eerie silence enveloped the whole room as the students begin clicking on their phone.

I stare at my own phone and begin typing the name of those students that I picked to vote and click on the voting complete button after.

(Calculating voting results.)

I put down my phone and observes everyone that are anxiously staring at their phones while waiting for the voting result.

"Fuck."Da Yeon cussed and turn her attention to Soo-Ji who is just staring at her own phone in complete surprise and disbelieve, oblivious to the prying eyes that is currently staring at her.

(Sung Soo-Ji, 5 votes)

She is now in Grade C with five votes and the one who replaced her former rank as a Grade F is Pyo Ji-Ae who got zero vote.

She was obviously betrayed by her one and only friend, Seung Yi.

She turn to look at her and speak in a shaky voice."Seung Yi. Did you not vote for me?" She asked, but all she did was avoid her eyes and didn't response.

"Seung Yi, how could you do this to me?"Ji-Ae look so hurt and betrayed

Suddenly, the students sitting infront of them stand up getting the attention of the two.

"Seung Yi, we're off to the restroom." Ra Hae-Jun said stopping beside her

"Are you talking to a Grade F?" Cho Yu Rim asked with a smile while holding into Seung Yi's arm.

The later shake her head denying the poor girl before getting up and come with them without looking back to the crying girl.

Betrayal becomes a common thing in this class that is why choosing the right circle of friend is a must. Trusting someone should be the last in the list if you want to survive.

After lunch break, Sung Soo-Ji entered the class confidently and went straight to her seat without minding those who are looking at her. Everyone's behavior towards her changed within just a short period of time.

While on the other hand....

My attention went to Pyo Ji-Ae's seat upon hearing the familiar whistle that belong to Da Yeon. They stood behind the scared girl with a malicious intention.

Do-Ah immediately middle between them. "Kim Da Yeon, that's enough. Don't you know the rule? The Grade F hazzing ritual begins the day after the voting. Break's over. Go back to your seats."