8- Why do you persist?

Gradient found himself in middle of a cave with a ton of dragons looking at him as the portal closed behind him. Gradient nervously looked around and said, "Um.... So-sorry for intruding, do any of you know where I am?" Suddenly a strange looking icewing approaches and said, "You're at Jade Mountain, I'm Icecube, and who would you be?"

Gradient then said, "Oh... I'm Gradient, long story short I'm looking for a evil masked dragon." Icecube looked concerned and said, "Well that wasn't my first question, but good to know." Gradient suddenly recognized some dragons in the crowd, including Winter, Qibli, Moon, Kinkajou, Peril, Turtle and Red, surprisingly. Icecube then said, "You look stressed, perhaps I could help, what does this dragon look like?"

Gradient shrugged and said, "I don't know, all I know is that she's a female nightwing wearing a robe and mask and she's slightly taller than me." Icecube nodded as if deep in thought and said, "You seem a little young to be facing a dragon like that, especially with how you got here, I'm sure the Dragonets of destiny wouldn't mind you staying here until you're safe."

Suddenly a blue female seawing that Gradient guessed was Tsunami came walked in and said, "What's going on?" Icecube quickly walked up to her and began to speak to her. Soon, Tsunami walked up to Gradient, she was a lot taller than him, she then said, "So, Gradient, since you seem to be in danger I have decided that you can stay here until this dragon has been capture, Red will be guarding you."

Gradient felt happy to have a chance to be protected but he then realized that the masked dragon must have done something if this world is in danger. "Um.... Thank you, but before you go can I ask if anything strange has been going on lately?" Gradient asked, Tsunami looked at him with confusion before saying, "Well... Recently there have been several near death experiences for both Red and Icecube but the traps are so unorganized and obvious."

Gradient nodded, he wondered what the masked dragon was up to, was she planning to kill Red and Icecube? Red suddenly walked up to Gradient and said, "Come along, I assume you're tired?" Gradient nodded a bit as Red took him to a small room with two beds, Gradient quickly laid on one of the beds and started to fall asleep while thinking of what the Masked dragon was planning.