12- danger behind the mask

Gradient and the masked dragon tumbled out of the portal, she quickly pushed Gradient up causing him to go flying a bit. Gradient stood up and saw the masked dragon's mask go flying, he then stared in the direction of the masked dragon as she rubbed her head in pain. Gradient quickly became shocked as she turned around, revealing she was a older Moonwatcher. Gradient stepped back in shock, why and how did she do any of this.

Moonwatcher glared at Gradient and said, "You are by far the most annoying dragon I know... But you do remind me of someone I knew..." Gradient wasn't able to move he was still to shocked, he kept trying to figure out why, or how but suddenly he realized he should have kept his eyes on her as when she put the mask back on a black tendril hit him in the face from the ground. Moonwatcher stepped toward Gradient as the tendrils held him down, and she began to monologue.

"I must say, I find everything about you quite interesting..." She began, "But, I am doing this for my friends, for my family..." She paused before continuing, "I don't care what you think, or why you do this, I simply want to help dragons..." She finally said, "Gradient... That is what you said your name was, correct?" She didn't wait for a response before saying, "Needless, despite you being an annoying dragon I find myself actually thinking of you as a friend..." She seemed to stop for a moment as if thinking of he words, "Which is why I can't let you stop me... I will finish my mission, I will do whatever it takes!" She then glanced down at Gradient as she stood over him, "And as for you, I'll keep you in my world until everything is done."

Suddenly Moonwatcher opened another portal, this one was different, it was dull and grey as if nothing existed on the other side but death and fear. Moonwatcher used the black tendrils to make a small collar as she said, "This will keep you trapped within my world, I will ensure you are fed until things are the way they should be, goodbye for now." The collar warped around Gradient's throat until it looked like he had a black line around his neck scales, she then let the tendrils around his mouth go and said, "Any words before you go?"

Gradient though for a second and said, "This isn't what your friends would want." Moonwatcher looked down and said, "I know, but I have no options." The tendrils then threw Gradient into the portal away from Moonwatcher.