17- heart for heart

Gradient found himself half asleep on Moonwatcher's chest as the moons rose into the skies Moonwatcher said, "I missed the night skies, I don't get to relax like this often." Gradient nodded and said, "Yeah, although my night sky only has one moon... And far less colors." Moonwatcher then said, "Well get used to this, cause I'm keeping you here."

Gradient sighed and said, "I know but why, isn't there a better way?" Moonwatcher looked at Gradient with a air of sadness and said, "I've tried everything, I've only seen one path to saving my world." Gradient frowned and said, "By destroying others?" Moonwatcher nodded and Gradient quickly stood up, "Where are you going?" Moonwatcher asked.

Gradient glanced back at her and said, "Moonwatcher, I... I don't want to be near a dragon whose willing to destroy countless other worlds just to save their own..." Moonwatcher quickly followed after Gradient and said, "Gradient, listen, I don't want to do this either but you would be amazed by how beautiful my world is after everything is back to normal!" Gradient quickly snapped back with slight aggression, "Nothing will be the same, either the dragons who destroyed your world stay dead or you yourself die in the next time it's destro-"

Gradient felt his throat be constrained by one of Moonwatcher's tentacles, she gently caressed his face and said, "I will kill whoever threatens my world, I will slaughter any who dare harm my friends, and you, you will listen to me." Moonwatcher then released Gradient and said, "I leave to destroy the other worlds tomorrow, if you start being good I might let you watch." Gradient whimpered as Moonwatcher walked away grimly, he wished she would just listen to him but her mind was clearly full of regret and anger, which over came her morality.