Nicki pov
I woke up to hear Beyoncé on the phone with someone. My court day is in 4 days so hopefully it's something dealing with that. I just really hope everything goes smoothly.

I got up & went to the bathroom, once I was done, i went downstairs & saw Beyoncé on her balcony.

"What the fuck you mean you saw him in the Dominican Republican?" She yelled as I jumped a little. "Well find him & keep him somewhere until I get there. I got some questions that need to be answered." She said hanging up as I walked behind her. "You okay?" I asked as I hugged her from behind. "Yeah my private investigator, Troy, saw meek in the DR. So now I have to get here as soon as possible so I can question him before your court day. Every thing is set up, I just need someone to watch the kids for me." She said as I nodded. "I'll watch them & you know that." I said as she sighed.

"I'm not sure how long this is gonna take tho. It could be a day maybe even 2." She said as I brushed her off. "Go baby, I got them." I said as she sighed. She left the balcony and up to her room. "I love you, I'll be back as soon as I can. I just need answers then I'm coming home." She said as I nodded.

"I love you more." I said.

Beyoncé pov
I walked to Blue's room to see her laying down. "What's wrong?" I asked as she shook her head. "Nothing just bored." She said as I nodded. "Okay well I'll be gone for a day or 2. It's for work so Onika is gonna be here with y'all. Make sure you tell the twins to be good bc ik how Rumi gets. But I'll be back as soon a I can. I love you." I said kissing her cheek as she nodded. "I love you too momma." She said.

Something is off with her, but I don't have time to figure it out right now.

I went to the twins room & they were sitting in the floor playing with their Nintendo switches. "Mommy has to leave in a few for work related things so be good for Nicki while I'm gone okay?" I said as they nodded. "Okay mommy." They said at the same time as I laughed a little. I love when they do that.

"Okay I love y'all." I said hugging them as they said it back. I went back downstairs & saw Onika watching Tv. "I'm gonna go now, the airplane should be ready by now. It's gonna be me, Kelly, & Troy there so I should be fine." I told her as she looked at me. "You're nervous. Don't be baby you got this. & don't worry ab meek, he's a sweet guy. But I still envy him for what he did." She said as I nodded.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this." I said kissing her one last time before leaving out. My driver came to pick me up bc I wasn't finna leave my car at my office.

Once I got there, I was immediately rushed on the plane. I saw Kelly so I sat next to her. "We have so much to discuss." I said as she giggled. "Why didn't you tell me that you & Nicki were a thing?" She asked as I sighed. "I honestly didn't want anyone to know bc yk we can't date or have intercourse with our clients so I felt embarrassed." I said as she nodded.

"Well hopefully this turns out well for you. Now why did you wanna quit?" She asked. "Well I wanted to start doing music. Bc you know I can sing or whatever & I just thought about it a couple days ago. I want to pursue & unlock new experiences. But I want you to do it with me." I said as she nodded. "Okay. If your e really serious about this then I'll do it with you. I just gotta see that you're rlly serious." She said as I nodded. "Okay." I said.

Once the plane landed in the DR, I called Nicki. "I just made it here baby." I said as she groaned. "I want you back alreadyyyuy. I miss you." She said as I giggled a little. "You'll be fine bae. I'm coming home as soon I get what I need. Should be back by tomorrow evening. But I have to go. I love you & kiss my babies goodnight for me." I said. " I will & I love you more baby. Be safe." She said as I hung up.

We meet Troy & a smirk appeared on mg face as I saw Meek. "Well look who we have here." I said as I sat in the car across from him. "Kelly make sure you voice record this." I whispered to her as she nodded.

"What am I here for?" Meek asked as I scoffed. "I'm Onika's lawyer & I need answers." I said as he looked confused. "Answers for what? & lawyer? What did she do?" He asked as k frowned up. "You seriously don't know?" I asked as he shook his head.

"We'll long story short, Nicki is being tried for your murder. People think bc y'all divorced & you went ghost that she killed you. So I need your sorry on how all of this went down." I said as he nodded. "Okay so I did cheat on her which I didn't intend on doing but hey things happen. But we did divorce & she told me to get my shit & leave. She didn't put her hands on me nor did I feel offended. I stayed in Houston for a week thinking we would be able to fix things, but when I noticed I couldn't that's when I came here." He said as I nodded.

"Okay I have 2 questions for you then. How come you came all the way here? & explain the red stains on her floor in her painting room." I said looking down at the questions i wrote.

"I came here bc I moved with the girl I cheated on her with. Turns out we didn't work out either, but I loved it here so much that I didn't wanna leave. So therefore I got my own condo here & I've been here ever since. The red stains in her house is from when we are arguing & she was throwing my clothes, shoes,  etc.  But when I tried to stop her, I knocked over some paint & it stained her white carpet. It's not blood if that's what everyone was thinking. I don't understand this whole misconception about this situation. Nicki didn't touch me. I'm alive so I don't know why she is held captive for something that never happened." He said as I sighed.

"Okay well the police won't believe us unless you come to her court day & show up. Then everything will be out. Bc they will have no choice but to throw away the case bc I mean you're alive. So will you come so she doesn't have to get locked up?" I asked as he nodded. "You like her?" He asked as I just looked up at him. "How'd you figure that?" He said. "Bc I see how your whole demeanor changed when you were talking about her. But that's besides the point, I'll come. When is it?" He said as I smiled a little.

"Okay great & it's in 4 days. Well 3 now." I said as he nodded. "Just send me the address & all the details & I'll be there to clear things up." He said as I nodded. "Okay well that sums everything up. I just wanna know something else. Did Gloria stay there when y'all were together?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yes. That woman was nosy as fuck. She always tried to make Onika seem like she was crazy & abusive. She called the polices on her plenty of times claiming that she heard a lot of breaking noises & shit." He said as I looked over at Troy.

"Troy what did you get on Gloria's background check?" I asked. "Well she doesn't have cancer that's for sure. & she has a criminal record of falsely accusing other people of wrongdoing. I also heard that she has an painting album full of victims that she wants to take down. Not only that but, I heard she only allowed Jay to marry you to take your money." Troy said as I nodded & laughed.

"Good to know. Now I know who's behind all of this. That's the exact reason why she didn't want me to defend Nicki. She thought she was slick. Well Meek if you'd like, you can catch the plane with us. It's our private jet but you can still come. I'll book you an hotel until the day of her court." I said as he nodded. "That's fine with me & that's fine I can pay for the hotel you don't have to do that. But I would like to see Nic before her court date." He said as I nodded. "Okay I can make that happen." I said.

I signaled for Kelly to stop recording & we had a big discussion about what we should do.

"Okay so since Gloria is my ex mother in law, I can come over & pretend as though I miss being apart of their family. Then I came just go from there. But I do need backup incase something happens." I said as Troy raised his hand. "I gotchu on the backup Beyoncé." He said as I nodded. "Okay good. & Kelly I need you to help keep meek from Gloria's sight & I need you to take the recording to the police department. Tell them I'll explain everything later." I said as she nodded.

"& meek I need you to say hi to Nicki & go to your hotel room. Don't come out unless I send for you. I'll have Kelly reach out to you. Just stay safe bc we don't need you going missing for real." I said as he nodded.

Once every thing was settled, we gathered on the plane. "Time to do our jobs." I said sighing.