𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟸

A/N ~ Slight Cussing

--- 

1 year ago..

Your phone clicked on, showing the time '12:00 am' . It was silent in the room as the three of you did your own thing. Jeongin was laid out on his stomach teasing his cat with a feather dangling from a stick and Seungmin was scrolling through Instagram lightly laughing every now-and-then. It's been a year since your trio has grown into a 9-person group. Although it has been unsaid the three of you know a certain subject has been growing problematically. 

Jeongin's cat scurried away from him, dashing out of his room. He side-eyed the open door before going to sit next to you on his bed. "I'm pretty sure my cat doesn't love me anymore," Jeongin sighed, shaking his head. It made Seungmin chuckle as well as yourself. You put down your phone and threw a pillow at Seungmin.

"Come sit over here," You said, motioning for him to sit across from you. Seungmin nodded grabbing the pillow, throwing it back at you. 

Seungmin sat, and it went into a silence again. This time the silence felt overwhelming. Your phones were off and not thought of as each of you made small glances at each other. It was clear someone was going to bring it up, but nobody wanted to establish the conversation. In the past you've all tried at least once to bring it up, but someone would counter it making a completely different subject take over. 

Soon enough, Jeongin started to get impatient and he awkwardly coughed. "I think I know what we're all thinking.." An unsatisfied hum was heard in response to his statement. "I'll take that as a yes," He continued and it got quiet again seconds later. 

"Well, we can't keep it hidden forever.." You said a minute later and Seungmin looked at you, agreeing with his eyes. The room filled with tension as the  subject couldn't be avoided this time. No distractions could keep you guys away from it. "Lately, I feel like we've been acting more like best friends. Like how we used to be.." You break the silence again, leaving the idea in the air. 

"I mean..." Seungmin paused, glancing at the two of you. "yeah, that's been the case for the past few weeks," He couldn't look you in the eyes, but he looked at Jeongin while your head was down. Again, more silence encapsulated the three of you. 

"So.." You started but didn't continue. 

"So..?" Jeongin tried to keep you talking, but failed slightly. You looked up at Seungmin and he was staring at his hands fidgeting lightly. 

"So.." You said again before making your final decision, "I think we were made to be just friends.. well best friends I mean," After this was said, it felt like the world stopped. It went quiet as the two others didn't make a sound. Jeongin looked at Seungmin through his peripherals and saw his hands tighten. 

"Yeah.. yeah," Seungmin said, "I believe that is the best, I don't want any.." He hesitated slightly before continuing, "problems.. to get in the way of the group." Seungmin shook his hands looking up making eye contact with Jeongin. Jeongin tore his eyes away from him, not wanting to make it more difficult than it already was. 

"Are you guys sure though?" Jeongin blurted out, almost starting to ramble afterwards. "I mean, it's been a year and no one has suspected even a thing! Even sometimes I forget you are dating." He says, glancing at the both of you quickly. 

"That's exactly why, even you forget we're dating. We basically aren't dating as it is." You say starting to fidget with your own hands.  A clear wave of deep thought washed over the three of you as everyone was processing what you said. 

"It's for the best, it's not like anything will change between us.. It's mutual." Seungmin put his hand on your thigh, staring into your eyes, "Right..?" He questioned.

"Of course nothing could break that.." You put your hand on top of his squeezing it gently. The two of you smile at each other before Jeongin starts to speak again. 

"But, are you sure?" Jeongin didn't really look at you but his eyes stared down Seungmin. Seungmin felt his eyes and nodded slightly, even he was unsure. 

"Well then.." You said, before putting your hand out to the center of the three of you. Jeongin followed, wrapping his pinky finger around yours. He looked at Seungmin, and he reluctantly put his hand in, squeezing his pinky with the both of yours. You all looked at each other and connected your thumbs. 

"This can't be talked about again, and it will never be brought up." Jeongin started to say, then looking at the two of you for anything to add. 

"And we will never fight about the out come.. No matter what.." Seungmin looked up at you, and you simply nodded. Jeongin looked around again, before nodding. The three of you disconnected your thumbs and kissed them, bringing them back together sealing the promise. As you let go, a sudden relief crashed on the three of you and a light atmosphere took over. 

"Ugh.. I'm happy you two shit heads decided to stay on topic." Jeongin said stretching. You laughed while Seungmin chuckled lightly. 

"I'm just glad it's over with!" You said before hopping off the bed. You yawned and stretched a bit as well and grabbed your phone. "I'm pretty hungry.. I'll just scavenge around in your pantry." You clicked your tongue and walked out of the room before Jeongin could protest, closing the door. Before he said anything, he looked at Seungmin realizing he still had his head down. 

"You should've said something.." He started, looking at the boy. Seungmin raised his head with a hurt look on his face. "It didn't have to end like that, we could've just outed it. The rest of them wouldn't have minded..." Jeongin rambled trying to relieve Seungmin a bit. "You didn't have to say yes.." Seungmin made eye contact with him, displaying a sad smile,

"I'd say anything to make her happy.." 

---