𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟺

A/N ~ Slight Cussing

---

"It's 2:17 a.m.... What the hell are you doing.."

---

You stared silently at the boy, trying to process his need for scaring you. 

"Stop staring at me like that, you look like an idiot.." Jeongin passed you, hoisting himself on top of the island. You didn't respond,  you weren't sure if he was mad or understanding. His unamused expression was still plastered on his face as he looked up. Jeongin inhaled, looking like he was about to speak but cut himself off deciding not to say anything. 

After a few minutes of silence he looked up again, "You know it's weird stalking a person's, that you just fought, Instagram account.." Jeongin stared into your eyes and you huffed. You weren't that surprised when he said that. A year ago you put each others face ID's on your phones, but you still groaned knowing he knew what you were up to. 

"I wasn't stalking.." You said, trying to convince yourself. Instead of nodding or doing something to indicate he believed you, he responded with his usual 'bitch, seriously?'  look.  "I know, I didn't convince myself either.." You admitted after he stared for a bit. 

"You're a terrible liar." Jeongin looked at you with the same face. 

"Or you just know me too well.." You scoffed and tossed yourself onto the island keeping a few inches between the two of you. He rolled his eyes slightly smirking.

"Yeah, whatever.." Again silence ensued, but it wasn't the uncomfortable type. Neither of you spoke or glanced at each other, instead the floor was looking extra fine today. As if a routine has started a couple minutes passed again without movement, the sound of light rain outside being the only disturbance. 

"I might have to put the two of you in the closet again.." Jeongin said suddenly, "like in middle school when Seungmin ate your Melona and you wouldn't forgive him." The two of you smiled as the recall of the memory came into your mind. 

"Okaay?.." You said sarcastically, "You know I take my food seriously." The words ended with a slight huff as Jeongin laughed at your child-like behavior. 

"Besides, I don't think shoving us in a closet would do us any good this time..." You said, a slight frown made its way onto your lips. The boy next to you sighed before he hopped of the counter and slid in-between your legs. He simply lifted your head to establish eye-contact. 

"You know, it'll never get fixed if you just stalk his account." Jeongin scoffed at your actions. 

"I know, but I don't know how I would approach him.." You said, a sad tone in your voice, "We broke one of the most important promises we've ever made.." Your eyes connected with Jeongin's, he could see the brim of your eyes becoming watery. 

"I..I got so protective of my feelings. I just didn't know how to tell him." You continued as you felt your voice break. "I felt so overwhelmed.." Jeongin shook his head before sending a few calming 'shh...'  He gently cupped your face and saw tears running down your cheeks. 

"Not everyone is perfect, love.." Jeongin responded with sincerity in his voice, "We can have our own battles that we try to deal with ourselves.. You, Seungmin, and I have our own demons that hurt us, but that's why we're here for each other." He wiped a few of your tears with his thumb before continuing, "That's why we can't go a single day, or hour, without seeing a message in our group chat. We see the best in each other, we feel how happy we are together." You looked in his eyes and they conveyed millions of messages to your heart. "Seungmin and yourself has always been closer together than I've ever been with the two of you. He found me and we made a trio.. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like without you guys in my life." He paused, staring into your eyes, wiping away a tear of his own. "You guys will get through this, you just have to talk. Seungmin could never stay mad at you, he'd do anything to make you happy.

The last few words made your heart collapse, it was like the night you two decided to make the pact. You never truly left to destroy his pantry, you stood outside the door and you heard everything. Ever since that day all you could do was pretend, pretend as if nothing had happened.

The two of you stared at each other as you broke down, tears streaming from your eyes as you looked into his. "I'm so sorry..." You said through breaths, "I..I didn't mean for it to be like this.." Jeongin ran his fingers through your hair, calming you. 

"It's okay.. you guys will make this up.." He said softly, wrapping his arms around you. When you weren't able to see him, he wiped his own tears. Jeongin knew he needed to be strong, and he would be for you. As his tears dried he took you off his chest and took your arms gently, moving you off the counter. He led you to the outside balcony, sitting you down on the woven bench Hyunjin's parents bought a while back. Jeongin quickly ran inside, coming back only seconds later with a blanket and a couple of pillows. He set down the pillows then sat next to you. Arranging the pillows to where they could support his back, he laid down on them also bringing your body on top of his. 

"I know how much you love the rain.." He said as he spread the blanket he got over the both of you. You didn't say much but got comfortable, signifying an unspoken thank you. Jeongin's actions meant the world to you, he truly is the definition of a best friend. He knew just about everything and he would do it just to get you smiling again. 

The sound of the falling rain and the slight movement of his breathing was all you needed. You closed your eyes, letting the scenery and his movements drift you to sleep..

--- 

A/N ~ 

Hi my lovelies!! I'm so sorry but I PROMISE you guys that this is a MINHO X READER! I need fillers so that the story is longer and enjoyable. I really wanted to capture the relationship between you and Jeongin in this, and honestly I might have cried during writing. ANYWAYS I'M SO SORRY! PLEASE BE PATIENT <3 

Bye darlings!, 

Estrella