𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟻

A/N ~ Slight Cussing 

--- 

You woke up slightly startled as you felt a male's hand on your arm. Jeongin wasn't next to you anymore, but you were still properly covered and propped comfortably against the woven bench. Your headphones magically appeared on your head, assuming Jeongin put them on to help you sleep, so you took them off. There was still a slight drizzle, but you avoided getting distracted by turning to the source that woke you up. Minho stood next to you, a look of slight concern breaking through his usual calm persona. 

"Are you okay? You disappeared last night.." He tried not to make eye contact with you, but ended up failing. You stared back for minute before nodding and turning your head to the rain. You felt a strong sense of envy to the flowers out in the rain, they didn't have a care or responsibility in their world. 

The bench slightly shifted in weight when you felt his body sit to the right of you. "My cats probably miss me, especially since it's raining.." He said, looking up to the dark sky. You didn't really pay attention as most of your thoughts revolved around the scenery in front of you. 

Minho glanced at you, seeing your expression of longing and discomfort. Admittingly, he's never been a fan of physical affection so he never had the need to comfort someone. That, or he was never in the right place at the right time. 

Suddenly a warm hand was placed on top of yours, you adverted your gaze at the plants turning to him. His fingers intertwined with yours. You were in disbelief, the last time you had an encounter with him was during the incident at the arcade. 

"You know.." He paused, thinking of the right words, "if you need to talk to someone, I'm here.." Minho turned his head, making eye contact with you. "As a last resort though.!" He quickly added as a slight blush appeared over his cheeks. You smiled at his reaction.

"Thanks..." You said in response, "It's just a mess right now, I'm sure you can tell..." A small scoff escaped your lips, trying to joke a bit to match his mood. He smiled softly at your attempt. 

"Of course.." Minho responded barely audible to your ears. His weight shifted as he scooted closer, squeezing your hand slightly. "I care about you.." He said, turning his head to look at you. You scoffed at his statement and he furrowed his brow and spoke, "I'm serious..!" A small smile broke on your face as you turned to him. 

He saw your smile and softly returned it, staring warmly into your eyes. You stayed there, the surrounding ambiance disappearing around you. His glance moved from your lips back to your eyes, his face showing a slight pink undertone. The world around you was gone, all that mattered was you and the boy in front of you. Warmth left your hand as his fingers brushed your arms slightly, his hand connecting softly to your cheek. He leaned toward you, his face only inches away from yours. Your heart stopped and your body reacted creating a pink shade on your face as well. You sucked in a breath as he continued to move closer, his head tilting ever so slightly. Your eyes closed involuntary, moving towards the boy. 

"Hey guys breakfast is rea-" The glass door slid open, Felix's happy tone ringing out to the balcony. The boy cut off his sentence, seeing the position he found you and Minho in. 

Minho's eyes opened, an annoyed expression displayed on his face before he let go of you. He turned to the cause of disruption, his usual bitch face staring at him. "Hm?" He hummed, the irritated tone clearly showing through. Felix's eyes shifted between him and you before answering Minho.

"Uh.. Breakfast is ready," He started, "Chan wanted everyone to be there.."

"Okay, give us a minute." Minho said flatly. Felix immediately nodded and slid the door, closing it. As soon as he left, Minho sighed out before turning to you again. Your face was slightly stunned. "I can't do anything without the world fucking it up.." He grumbled under his breath before he turned to you. Minho saw your face of slight concern and confusion. "Sorry.." He looked at the flowers ahead, "I got carried away.." You frowned slightly at his apology. 

"No, it's okay.." I kind of  liked it anyways.. You thought to yourself after comforting him. He only nodded and you both stared at the flowers. There was tension between the two of you and it's been obvious since the first day your group decided to get together. The events that occurred confirmed the thoughts between both of your minds. He has to like me...right?  You continued in your head as the rain started to fall harder. A light breeze started to flow through you hair, and the far sound of thunder interrupted your thoughts. 

"We should go inside.." Minho broke the silence between the two of you, his gaze never faltering from the scenery.

"Yeah.." You responded half-heartedly, a small look a disappointment flashing across your face. Minho glanced, seeing your expression. He put his hand on yours again and glided his thumb, creating comforting circles. The silence continued again, the voices from the rest of the group filling the room behind the walls.  

"C'mon," Minho got up off the bench, moving in front of you and holding out his hand. Your face of disappointment remained on your face as you took his hand. A frown formed on his face as he looked out into the rain. Making a quick decision, he pulled his hand out of yours which startled you. 

"Wait!" You tried to grab his arm as he dashed into the rain, running to the nearest hydrangea bush. He looked determined as he analyzed the bush quickly, tearing off a flower from the white bunch. Minho's clothes were wet and his hair was at the point of no return. He smiled sweetly at you presenting the flower towards you. Your face grew to the color of a tomato as you returned a wide smile at him, laughing at his impulsive action. "You're going to get sick!" You exclaimed, slightly pushing his shoulder. He laughed at your response and guided you to the door leading into the inside, sliding it open.

"It was worth it to see you smile again.."

---

A/N ~ 

Tell me why I screamed when I was writing this. Me n who? Like y'all are so lucky. ✋😔 Anyways, it's STARTING. It'll get better as it goes! I may not write that well, but I'll try my best to deliver to my readers!!

Bye my loves!~, 

Estrella