𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟼

A/N ~ Slight Cussing

---

Not in the slightest were you ready for the upcoming events of the breakfast table. To put it simply, it went down right terribly. 

You walked into the room coming from the out door patio, laughing at Minho and his wet self, feeling eyes boring into your figure. The attention was definitely going to be called for considering Felix has always had a big mouth. You looked away from the boy you were carrying a conversation with to look at the 7 pairs of eyes that were on you. 

Jisung stared and turned to Felix in disbelief and started to whisper to him, Hyunjin turning not even a second later to offer his statements. Jeongin smiled lightly before ripping his eyes away, looking at the table and picking at the small chips in the counter. Chan and Changbin looked away awkwardly, not even trying to cover up the fact that they knew every single detail.

But Seungmin. The moment you looked up he was the first person you made eye contact with. His jaw clenched lightly and he rolled his eyes, scoffing slightly and turning in the bar stool he sat on. He wouldn't turn back. Instead he mindlessly turned on his phone and started scrolling through who knows what, and who really cares what.

In your mind you saw him turn and felt slight hurt creep into your body. Although your feelings started to cloud your mind, you felt a slight touch on your hand making you return your gaze onto Minho. "Hm?" Your hum was almost silent, barely even audible. 

"I'm going to go take a shower real quick okay?" Minho said again, the first time your thoughts drowned out his voice. He had a patient yet a slight ping of worry spread out across his face. You shook your head lightly to snap out of your small trance and smiled at him before crinkling your nose.

"Good, the rain made you smell like shit." You teased lightly, acting disgusted with his clothes dripping onto the floor.

"Die." Minho replied simply before snapping the end of his shirt at you, spraying a few drops over your clothes. There he was, the "normal" Lee Minho that was always displayed in front of the rest of the group. 

"Excuse you." You said, wiping off the build up of drops on your shirt and rolled your eyes at him. 

"I'm excused." He said before reaching his hand out and flicking your forehead. Before you could even respond he turned around and walked away, his wet clothes making trail behind him. 

----

Now, in the current moment of time, you were placed in between Felix and Chan. The chatter amongst the table was at its normal pace, sometimes becoming chaotic or loud enough for your ears to hurt. 

After a while Jisung and Chan noticed that you were either, A: not eating your food, or B: eating in small amounts in the span of 5 minutes. You weren't very surprised when you looked up at Han, he was eyeing you suspiciously like you watched another episode of Doctor Slump without telling him. 

"What's wrong with you." His eyes communicated to you, something only true best friends and gossip buddies could master. 

"Nothing, I'm just tired."  You tried to explain through your eyes, which worked but provoked an uncalled for expression to form on his face. 

"Bullshit." His face read and you sent back the same expression. The two of you stared at each other until a slight twinge at the corner of your mouth started to develop on your face. You broke eye contact and poked at your food a couple of times before looking back up to meet a smug look plastered on his face.

"I win." Han's face read and the two of you laughed to yourselves without the rest of the table noticing. "We're talking later, I need to know what's up." His eyes deadpanned yours and you nodded simply turning back and starting to pick up and put the waffles Changbin made into your mouth. Jisung smiled lightly when you started to eat again, before his attention moved to the overly animated conversation Felix and Jeongin started. 

You turned your attention to the table, picking at the cracks in the counter. After a minute your eyes involuntarily shifted up and scanned the table. Your eyes locked onto Seungmin's figure, but he was still scrolling on his phone. They started to scan his face trying to find any sign of discomfort or a bad aura. It was pretty evident that he was still pissed, but his face also had a sense of a trance washed over it. You've never really seen him like this but then again, that's how you've been acting as well.

However, you didn't go unnoticed and your actions did lead to consequences. Seungmin felt eyes on him, whether you were dazed out or directly staring at him his eyes shot up and connected with yours. Slightly startled, you jolted in your seat realizing you got caught. His eyes bore into yours, not much emotion behind his eyes. He's always been a god at hiding his emotions, but this had to be the first time you weren't able to see what he was feeling. It hurt, and he knew you were hurting as well. Both of your worlds were inexistent as the intensity of the stare grew. You could tell he was scanning your every movement to every twitch in your face. In all honesty, you were doing the same to him. 

You were tired to say the least. Tired of the unsaid conversation and intentional avoiding. It was driving you slightly insane. To this hour, it's only really been a full day but it was hard to avoid your best friend. Your day one. It was cringey, but you really needed him there to have your back in stressful situations.  

A small blurred voice caught both of your attentions and you saw Seungmin snap his head in the direction of the source. You realized the table was quiet. Most were just picking at their plates while Jeongin and Jisung were staring at the two of you. 

"What?" Seungmin asked, Hyunjin looked at him and his eyes shifted you then to the stack of plates he had in his hands. 

"Are you done?" Hyunjin motioned to the plate in front of him and Seungmin quickly nodded scooting the plate over. He gave a nod of thanks and Hyunjin replied with a slight nod. Seungmin's eyes lifted and started singling out a couple people and they started to carry on with their conversations. 

You messed with your fingertips, pushing your half-eaten plate of food towards Hyunjin. Your eyes drifted back up and saw Seungmin staring at you. His eyes were different this time, he gazed into your eyes with a soft and comforting stare. You weren't ready to say the least and you slightly panicked. The boy lifted his eyebrows lightly, still looking at you with a calm intent. He relaxed his face as you finally met his gaze.  Seungmin shifted in his seat a little bit before his eyes sent a message straight to your heart.

"I'm sorry."

----