31. Something About You

Aanya

I groaned and opened my eyes as I heard some noise.

To my surprise, Satyam was standing nearby with his phone pointed in my direction. When he noticed I was awake, he quickly hid his phone behind his back.

"Seriously, Satyam? Were you taking pictures?" I said, whispering in annoyance.

Why did this situation feel like a déjà vu?

"Well, it's a moment worth capturing," he whispered back, smiling in a creepy way as he stared down. "You don't get to witness views like this every day."

It took me a moment to fully wake up and understand the situation. I was sleeping on the sofa with my head on its arm, and Abhinav's head was still on my lap, with his leg sprawled on the sofa.

My shoulder was aching from sleeping in an awkward position, and my legs felt numb – I couldn't even feel them.

I was ready to push him away but seeing the peaceful expression on his face made me stop. Instinctively, I reached out and brushed away the strands of black hair that were falling over his eyes.

He moved slightly in response to my gentle touch, nuzzling his head closer to my stomach, just beneath my breasts.

Heat rushed to my cheeks as I realized we had an audience.

Satyam cleared his throat loudly, causing me to quickly withdraw my hand and shoot him a glare.

I wonder who was more to blame in this situation, this sofa or him, as he was always catching us in these awkward positions here.

I was lost in my thoughts when I noticed Satyam taking out his phone again to snap another picture of us in that position. "I swear, Satyam, I'll break your phone," I warned him.

He just smirked at my threat and shook his head. "Anger doesn't suit you, Naya. You're picking up bad habits from my boss," he remarked, finally tucking his phone back into his jeans pocket after taking some more shots.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Are you seriously going to stand there and keep staring at us like a creep?" I whispered, making sure not to wake Abhinav accidentally.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I always find both of you in such positions," he replied defensively, gesturing towards us with his hand.

"Both of you should realize that there's someone else living here too," he continued. "Thank god I didn't come downstairs last night when I was feeling hungry. Who knows what I would've seen." He shuddered. "Someone protects my poor eyes."

Heat began to creep up my neck as I recalled what we were really doing last night.

His lips, his tongue, his warmth, his strong body pressed against mine - it all rushed back to me at once.

"Should I just gouge out your eyes then?" A deep voice startled both of us, and we looked down at Abhinav, who was glaring at Satyam.

It seemed he had woken up from our voices.

"You won't witness these things in the future if you don't have eyes to begin with."

The seriousness in his tone made it seem like he might actually do it if Satyam kept bothering him. I swallowed nervously.

Satyam's eyes widened at Abhinav's words. "Boss, are you saying I'll keep witnessing both of you like this in the future too?"

Did he forget that Abhinav just threatened to blind him?

Was he more concerned about seeing us like this than his own eyes? I shook my head at Satyam.

"Sugar, will you hate me if I kill him?" Abhinav asked in frustration, looking up at me.