2.Towards the beginning

I am not bitter
Nor am I sweet;

I am water

And how I taste to you
depends on what you mix me with.

-Lauren Eden

Aanya

Some people easily find themselves in new relationships, even after experiencing messy breakups in the past. How do they manage to do that?

Perhaps they excel at sorting out their emotions and moving on, or maybe they have a knack for finding someone better.

 On the other hand, there are individuals who only date two or three people throughout their entire lives, with significant intervals between each relationship.

During these intervals, they mature emotionally and learn valuable lessons from each experience. This growth ultimately leads them to find that one person with whom they can envision spending their entire lives.

Then there is another category—the third one—comprising individuals who have never been in a relationship and may not desire one. These individuals are afraid, and hesitant to expose themselves to emotional pain due to past incidents.

 It's not that they don't long to experience love; they are simply cautious and attempt to protect themselves from potential emotional and mental breakdowns.

I happen to fall into this category as well.

I don't know why I was thinking about this relationship stuff.

Because you have all the time in the world to think about stupid things, a very active part of my brain reminded me.

"I don't think this is the one," a voice said behind the doors of the trial room.

"Come out, let me see," I said. Within ten seconds, the door opened, and Nidhi came out. She was wearing a black bodycon dress that reached just above her knees. It had a round neck with a back slit. 

She looked really sexy, her waist-length jet-black hair and brown eyes giving her that dangerous assassin's look. She put her hands on her hips and gave me a confused look, as if asking for my opinion.

"Well..." I pretended to be thinking for a few seconds. "You do look like an assassin, but we really don't want to kill your new boyfriend on the first date... now do we?" I said, laughing.

She threw a rejected dress that she was holding at me, and I caught it mid-air.

"I am really going to end up looking like a clone," she muttered. "And you are not helping me at all." She threw me a look.

"Okay, now don't act like this is the end of the world," I said, walking towards her. "Now go and try this." I handed over a maroon dress to her that I was holding, and she entered the trial room once again.

Being in a relationship is clearly not easy for people, I thought after watching what was happening with my best friend, which reminded me of yesterday's event.

When I got back home yesterday, Nidhi was already waiting for me outside. I was a bit late, and because of that, she was pretty pissed.

But her anger completely vanished when she gave me the news that Rishi had proposed to her. Rishi was an MBA student and Nidhi's classmate. Both of them had been crushing on each other for the past year, but nobody was making a move.

But finally, Rishi got some courage, I must say. That's why Nidhi was on cloud nine and wanted to tell me that Rishi proposed to her when they went for coffee after class.