! what are we? - Max verstappen

A/N: I'm feeling very very mean so please do enjoy. With lots of love from -Author 🫶. (Big thanks to @imooowla on tiktok for the inspiration)

I have know max since I became a reporter for F1 back when I was 21 and he was 22, we had a great relationship to our point now. He was and still is my best friend, but Right now we're still in the best friend era yet we've crossed the line and made the line of friends and lovers just a blurr of rules. Yet he isn't willing to give us a label or commit yet he already said the forbidden word...'I love you'.

I had an interview to do today max picked me up and drove to the paddock he always refused to answer me or change the subject immediately, he hates the topic and I can't do anything about it. As we got out I walked towards my crew and asked about who I have to interview today the list consists of Daniel,George, Carlos, Lando, lance, esteban and checo. I'm surprised they didn't slip max in this time, I walked towards the first member to do a pre race interview I walked to the first person available wich was George Russell. I went and do a bunch of interviews but my eyes keep seeing max here and there with different girls just laughing it off and being all touchy but what can I do? I had to stay profesional, I can't let my own feelings win right now. But I guess Daniel saw my change in mood as again max walk passed us with a different girl in hand, he knew about our situation he knew how max keeps inviting different girls at every race Daniel stayed profesional until the camera turned off as he was also the last person I had to interview. He frowned as he looked at me "what" he sighed softly "I knew this would happen sooner or later" he took me to talk "yeah well thats my fault that I  let my feelings win" Daniel sighed "im sorry I can't help much" I just nodded "well it's fine, good luck" I waved him off as he walked into his garage.

I could shake off the feeling of jealousy yet I have no use being jelous as we are 'just friends' as he says. Yet he already said the forbidden words to me, I have no idea what we are and what to do and what he wants... He never said anything or even bother to talk to me about it. I can't even be upset about this as we never spoke about what we are and we never took things seriously, and now seeing this it does hurt yet I can't say it to him because again we are 'just friends' and nothing more. I need his words, I need to know where I stand in his life right now.

--

After the race it wasn't a surprise that max got first place, wasn't that much of a surprise. With Oscar and Lando placing p2 p3 I was pretty surprise with the double McLaren podium.  I walked towards our interview area where I had a cooler filled with popsicles enough for everyone, "alright for the person who got 2nd you get to choose one" I let Lando pick one flavor he would like to cool off "how sweet" he looked into the cooler and took one, "can I take one more?" He grinned "I'll give you if we do have Leftovers" I laughed and started with the quick post race interview as I expected many drives came by to take some popsicles "Fernando" I called over "want some popsicles?" I points to the cooler next to me and lance at this point I'm half way through the cooler and almost done with interviews "and thank you lance for your time" I smile as he walked off.

The interview went on and we were left with a couple of popsicles left so as I promise I went and gave those who already wanted 2nd's "here you go you two have fun" I placed the remaining popsicles on their table and they grinned at me "thanks for that" they thank me as I left. My mission for today is complete now all we have to do is have fun do a party celebrate their victory of course.

--

I happily walked out of my room in a beautiful silver dress my hair in a half up half down style with beach waves, I made sure to keep my self comfortable, again I came with max yet our relationship has gotten even harder so the whole ride was just silence... Awkward silence where no one spoke a word we just kind of ignored each other's presences for a while. At the party we parted ways immediately, everyone got a but confused as why we are avoiding each other. In reality he's the one pushing me away and I can't do anything about it and it sucks, as I never wanted this to ever happen.

I have my limits and I stopped as I saw him kiss another girl on the dance floor. Lando and Oscar saw my change of mood following my gaze and saw how I had a huge change of mood "what's wro-" before Lando could finished his sentence lando's gaze fell towards max and the girl kissing he stared at them for a moment so did I but oscar's voice broke our trans "hey hello" he said loudly over the music my ears were ringing, my head spinning, my heart broken, swallowing my own spot felt like swallowing a stone. I turned around and walked out as fast as I could "HEY HEY WAIT" I heart the two McLaren boys call out after me but I made my way through the crowds and dissapear infrot of them. I called an Uber to drive me back to the hotel.

And he just left me on read

And he just left me on read. I don't think this is going anywhere, I can't take it anymore he isn't willing to choose me and I can't afford wasting my time on someone who isn't going to give me what I want and what I need. This is the end of us.