PART 12

Ivan's POV

Dinner was okay but like I said Alicia is not someone I see my self with, After I helped her get home I returned to my house thinking over everything that has been happening lately, I have no time to be weak, I have a lot of enemies,people who want to take over my empire, I can't slack now. I walk upstairs to my room to change into a pair of joggers and came to the kitchen to prepare something to eat, I like to prepare my own food when I'm not busy, it helps me thinking and relaxes me, I prepare spaghetti with chilli sauce, what's cooking I'm hungry Dante walks in looking tired, I made spaghetti you can help yourself I tell him as I sit on the kitchen island, when I'm not working it's just Dante, Leo and I, it's okay since I don't have to answer to anyone, it's just my mum who keeps disturbing me with marriage, I'm 24 and I still have a long way ahead of me, I don't know why she wants me to marry this young.

Where's Leo I ask Dante, Today is 25th March he won't be around, oh fuck how can I forget, the day he lost he mum, that's why he has been quiet today, I totally forgot, I take my phone out to text him but he walks through the door looking soo sad, I walk to meet him as a give him a hug, he lost he dad when he was young and he's mother was the one to look after him, after college she was diagnosed with brain tumour which she battled for a year and then she died, she was he's best friend, the kind of mother everyone should have and since she can't be here, I've vowed to be a shoulder he can lean on in times of difficulties. We hold on to each other for a while and then break apart, I'm ordering food what will you guys like? I asked them, Italian Spanish Leo and Dante say simultaneously Italian it is I tell the both, we go to the movie room and set the place waiting for the food, we will be watching Extraction 2, the movie went by soo fast that when the day ended we had watch a lot of movies.
Today has been a lazy day for more but tomorrow I have a lot of work to do, Leo was able to send the documents to be checked by my lawyer so I will be meeting Tony tomorrow to finalise everything. I change my clothes into something comfortable then I lay in bed waiting for sleep to take over.

Tony sit, I tell the lean man who will soon to be my father in-law, I want to get this over with as I have a lot of things to do. He sits and I start going through the files. What's your daughters name? I ask, Her name is Kimberly she's 22, you can do whatever it is you Please to her, taking aback by what he said I keep my face emotionless so he doesn't see or read anything on me, I sign the papers and walk out.
A lot of things are running through my head, did I make a good decision or not, I don't even know this girl and I agreed to marry her, what was I even thinking.What if she's worse than her dad,I won't let my guard down, I will manipulate her and know all her secrets. Going home is not an option now I need to take care of some things first, I arrive at my company building in no time is take the elevator to my floor, I don't allow just anyone to come here, it's mostly my secretary and I and maybe family members. I sit and go and scan the files on my desk, I can't keep piling up work, I go through them one by one. Looking at the time I know I have to head home, I take my suit jacket, my phones and keys as I make my way out of my office building with Leo behind me.

Dante you have to go and pick up the girl from her father's house tomorrow, I tell Dante as I walk towards the fridge for water, I need to get this over with so I can focus on other things, I walk up to my room , strip and enter the bathroom to take my shower before I go to bed. After finishing my bath I lay in bed waiting for the sleep to come. I'm not someone who has nightmares about the people I've killed, I was 10 years when I killed someone for the first time, I couldn't sleep I kept replying the images in my head but as time went on I got along just fine. Most of the people we kill deserve it, yeah I'm in the mafia but I don't do human trafficking, it's against my morals, we don't kill females unless the deserve it and we don't raise our hand to beat women, we do well to respect women and that's what my dad taught me and that's what my grandparents have done throughout the years so I do well to abide by those rules. Tomorrow I finally get to meet my wife, Haha very funny, who would have thought that Ivan the most feared Mafia Don in the Italy is married to a woman I know nothing about. What was I thinking agreeing to this marriage, I need to get my shit in order. Good morning Dante, Leo I greet the two people who are close to me the most as I make my way to the dining table. Good morning Ivan they both say simultaneously Dante you have to go and pick her up, who he asked, Tony's daughter I replied oh yeah your wife, Dante be careful, what? Is she not your wife? He looks at me and smirks and I give him a hard glare, let me know how everything goes, I finish with my breakfast and stand to leave with Leo behind me.

The day went by quickly, today I didn't have lots of meetings I just had to work on my paperwork and go home. I get home early so I can meet her. Not long after I get home I hear the front door open and hear Dante's voice, I look behind him to see a small figure, she look scared, and very lean , her brown locks falls behind her and her piercing green eyes roam the whole place as if she's looking for something, Dante introduces her to the head of maids and I make my way to the hall waiting for lunch to be served. Hello everyone meet Kimberly I hear Dante say , not bothering to reply I start looking at my phone as if I have a lot to do, i then hear Leo great her and welcomes her then I hear my name making my ears perk up, I hear Dante tell her I'm her husband which she just stands and look at me, after all introductions and she leaves and I get up to go to my room to change.