PART 16

KIMBERLY'S POV

Oucchh my eyes, why is there too much light here, am I dead? Am I finally in heaven? But where's my mum and dad? I thought when you die you get to meet people who are already dead. Tilting my head slowly I look around where I am, I notice the room is painted white but I'm not able to see clearly as the light is blinding me, I close my eyes and open it again so my eyes can be able to adjust to light in the room, but there are tubes connected to my hand, it's a hospital room, why am I in a hospital room, oh my God, who brought me here I can't help but panic then they must know about my bruises and injuries, oh my God this can't be happening, Tony will kill me when he finds out, what am I going to do? My mind is all over the place, how long have I been here? I'm startled when the door opens and a doctor walks in with a nurse behind him. Hello my name is Doctor Davis, I hear the doctor say, hello doctor I cough out immediately I say those words, water I chock out, a nurse pours water from the jug on the table beside my bed and hands it over to me, thank you I whisper back. Hello Doctor I try once again, he smiles and nods at me. How are you feeling he asks me. I'm okay I replied, do you know what happened to you? He goes on to ask further eeeerm yeah? Okay then that's good. Do you feel pains anywhere? He politely ask, yeah my head hurts and my whole body feels sore, alright, I will check your vitals and come later to take some test on you, is that okay? Yeah that's fine I tell him. Doctor, yes Mrs Kimberly, how long was I out? I ask the doctor. Well, it's been two weeks, he says and smiles politely, I will take my leave now, he says and walks out.

Why didn't the doctor say anything to me? I ask myself, I hope the police don't come in for questioning, I can't tell them it's Tony, he will kill me, what do I do now? Should I run? But that means he has a higher chance of finding me, God please help me, what should I do? I should have just died to avoid all these, a knock on the door breaks me from the chaos in my head come in I say as I look at who has come to see me. Kim are you okay? How are you feeling? I hear Dante's voice which makes me happy, ever since I came to live with the Russo's Dante is the only one I talk to, I smile as I shake my head positively, yeah I'm fine, he smiles and and raises he hand to give me flowers and some gifts, you didn't have to Dante, anyway thank you, it's no problem, you are my brothers wife besides you are like a big sister to me, he says as he smiles politely at me. Kimberly can I ask you a question? I hear Dante ask, sure you can I replied. Why did eeerm you know, eeerm try to kill yourself? He asks without looking at me which I'm greatful for, I was just tired of living I answer truthfully, why are you tired of living? He presses on more, is it because of your stepfather? I look at him this time around trying to read him. What does he know? I hope it's not what I'm thinking, I don't know what Tony will do if someone else finds out about what he has been doing to me, no I can't tell him, Kimberly, Kimberly are you okay? I've been calling you for a while now, are you sure you are fine? Do I need to call the doctor? No no I'm fine I tell him but he doesn't look convinced but let's it go anyway, i guess you don't want to talk about and I understand, I will be here if you are ready okay no rush.

Dante stayed with me until it got dark, the doctor came to check my vitals and run more tests, I keep telling them I'm fine but no one seems to believe me. The doctor said I will be able to go home tomorrow which I'm grateful for, but going home means I will be seeing Ivan, I wonder if he came to see me, well I can't think about that now , I need to make sure they don't find out that Tony is responsible for everything that's been happening to me, he might start going after them, I can't let others get involved in this chaotic life of mine, I know Dante has a lot of questions but I'm not ready to open up about it? I don't know how he will take it , he might even start ignoring me and I don't want that so I will just not tell them.

This is a short chapter 🥹
I will do better in the subsequent chapters
Continue to like and share *CRACKED HEART *💔❤️