PART 15

DANT'S POV

Initially it was just Ivan and I until Ivan met Leo and we became the three duo, even though Leo is not related to us by blood he is still part of us. They say blood is thicker than water but to us water is now thicker than blood. We've had a few family members betray us but Leo has proven to us that people who are not related by blood can also be family. I never knew my brother will get married, not when he still carries the guilt of that night, he acts tough and all but that's just what he wants others to see, we were born into this and we will die into it, the mafia is in our genes and there's nothing we can do about it. Initially I didn't want to be a part of the whole killing stuffs but as time went on I realised that whether I am part or not part I am still a Russo and that name carries a lot of power. Being the second in command to my brother and standing side by side to him is what has made me become who I am today.
Two week has passed already since Kimberly came to live with us, she's nice but there's something off about her, sometimes I ask her questions just to bother her but she always seems lost in thoughts, sometimes I see her limping but I feel it's not my place to ask her. She looks skinny than most people who have lives with their dad, I mean the man is not so well to do but he has enough to take care of his daughter, her eyes are always roaming around like she's afraid someone will come for her, I don't want to make her uncomfortable so I just let her be.

Ivan thinks she's a spy but I don't think that's who she is, but anyway I have to look into her further to understand what exactly is going on. I walk to the house exhausted, I've been trying to find something on Tony but I've not made any heads way, the man sure knows how to clean after himself, but I am Dante Russo I find what others can't find and I will surely find something on him. I greet the maids as I make my way to my room, hello sir you are welcome one of the maids greet me, thank you I replied is there something you need? I ask her, not exactly sir but miss Kimberly hasn't come down for dinner like she usually does can you please check on her? The maid tells me, okay sure I will go check on her, I get to my room first to put my suitcase down and head towards her room which is two rooms down of mine, I knock but I can't hear anything, I knock again and proceed to open the door, I'm Surprised she hasn't locked it, I walk in further but see no sign of her, could she be bathing? I ask myself but the shower doesn't seem to be running, I go close to her bathroom and knock again. Kimberly are you there? Can you hear me? I ask but still no response, what is going on? Did she leave without tell anyone? I gently open the door and walk inside only to be met with a drowning Kim, Kimberly no no wake up, Kim don't do this i quickly pull her out of the water and try CPR on her but she doesn't seem to be waking up, Kim please wake up, how long has she even been in the water it's soo cold, i quickly rush out of her bathroom carrying her with me,but i realised she naked so I look for some of her clothes and put on her then carry her downstairs,for someone this skinny she doesn't even weigh anything, I tell one of my guards to bring the car as I rush her to the hospital. My phone I need to call Ivan, I dial his number but no response, where the hell is he? I continue calling but still no answer, shit Ivan where the hell are you, I hope Kim is okay, I drive above the speed limit not caring if the cops see me or not, I'm a Russo and we own them, I make it to the hospital in record time. Nurses rush over with a stretcher as she's being placed carefully on it and rush her to the emergency hall. God please let her be okay, I know I don't believe in you but I know you exist, please let her be fine, from the little time I've spent with her I know she's a sweet person so please save her.

I call Ivan once again and this time he picks up, where the hell are you Ivan, come to St Mary Hospital I say into the phone quickly and hung up. I keep pacing back and forth not being able to get the image of her pale skin from my eyes and her not breathing. She's going to be okay I keep telling myself ass i continue pacing, Hello Mr Russo, I'm aware you brought in the young lady correct? Yes Doctor I brought her, she needs surgery, she has a few broken bones and she's been under the water for quite sometime so her lungs we're getting damaged if you were a minute late we would have lost her. We are doing everything within our power for her to get better, I will update you if anything, please excuse me, I hear the doctor say and leaves. Broken bones, how? Why? What is going on? Did someone beat her up? But why? I don't know how long I've been lost in thought but Ivan voice pulls me out of my thoughts. Dante what's going on I hear Ivan say, not even welcoming him , I yell at him, what the hell Ivan, what did you do to Kim? Did you touch her? I ask him, pure shock is written all over he's face but he marks it well. Did you say anything to her I ask him again, calm down Dante he yells at me, just calm down and tell me what's going on. I I found her in the bath tub drowning, I got scared but managed to pull her out, she she oh my God Ivan she wasn't breathing so I tried CPR on her but still nothing so I carried her downstairs into the car and drove her here, I've been calling you , where have you been, he looks at me speechless for a while before he responds. How is she doing he manages to ask, the doctor said she has cut marks on her wrist like she's been cutting herself and broken ribs with scars and bruises all over her body, looks like someone had been abusing her I tell him.

Wait what? Someone has been abusing her? But why oh my God is that why she's like that? I need to speak to the doctor I will be back, he tells me, wait Ivan the doctor is with her, you can go speak to him when he's out of her room I tell him.Where's Leo does he know of anything? No he doesn't I haven't spoken to him since I got home, he she's been calling me but I've not been able to pick up, I will call him now. Excuse me he tells me as he walks to the other side to make the phone call. Dante did you look into the case? Did you find anything? I hear Ivan ask me Yeah I did look into it but I haven't made heads way yet, I went home for some documents and the maids said she didn't come down for dinner so I went to her room and that's when I found her in the tub. I hope she survives Ivan, Me to Dante me too. Doctor how is she? I ask the doctor immediately we spot him, the surgery was a success but I need to speak to you in my office, please come with me, okay I say to him. Dante I need you with me, you found her and it's  only right you hear everything about what's going on. Ivan tells me okay sure if that's okay with you I tell him as we walk with the doctor to his office, please have a seat gentlemen. I don't know what's going at home, but that girl has gone through a lot. We found several broken bones and bruises all over her body, some dated back to a month ago and some some few weeks but there's been self harm, I think she's been self harming herself. The bruises on her wrist is new say some hours ago. Do you know of any of these? No doctor Ivan replied. We got married two weeks ago, I have no idea what's going on. There's more but this is a bit private and I don't know if I should tell you but it's necessary you know. Has anyone molested her before? WHAT? She's been sexually abused? Wait What ? she's been raped? Countless times? the hell is going on, I going to kill that bastard, I'm sorry to say this gentleman but yes, the doctor says,she has been raped a for a while and some words have been written on her. What word doctor? I hear Ivan ask"WHORE", whore? Yeah whore that's what has been written her abdomen, currently she's in comma her body needs time to heal since she's been through a lot and there was no proper treatment to her wounds and they have been infected, I'm soo sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what that poor girl has been through, Tony is a sick bastard, why would he do these things to her, I need to start work on finding out everything asap.

I managed to find my voice and ask the doctor if we can  see her now? Yeah you can, a nurse will take you to her room, she was just moved to a new room, okay doctor thank you soo much I tell the doctor as we make our way out of his office, Dante try to look into what we spoke about asap, I need to know what is really going on, Ivan says to me, sure I will now let's go. We get to her room and we are shocked at what I see, she has multiple wires connected to her body and she needs oxygen in order to breathe, I sit on the chair close to her bed and hold her hand, I hear Ivan say ,the bastard deserves more than death I will make him pay slowly and painfully. How can you do this to someone you consider your daughter, i see Ivan walk to her bed side says somethings I feel so bad for the way I spoke to her, she doesn't deserve anything I said to her, I'm sorry Kimberly, I'm truly sorry for the things I said to you.

Wheeeeew Dante😩❤️
I'm in love with him
What will happen next?
Let's wait for her to recover😌