eda x (mermaid) reader

~ A/N: this takes place in the boiling isles but w a lil twist. sirens live there 2 :O ~

you were having a pretty average day, just swimming along the rocky edge of the boiling sea, when suddenly you spotted a small stream leading to a lake. 

you, being the curious mermaid you are, decided to swim into the lake. you giggle and find some gorgeous crystals and shells near the bottom.

when you go to swim back up, you notice someone sitting above the water on a dock. you go up and sneakily peak your head up out of the water to see who it is.

you use a large lily pad as cover so the person cant see you. the person is a witch. a pretty attractive one at that, but you quickly shake that thought out of your head. 

she appears to be saying something and drinking some red liquid out of a bottle. 

you make your way over to her and take the lily pad off of your head, swimming up to her and smiling. 

"hello, there!" you say, looking up at her. "my name's y/n. whats yours?" you ask, your scaly tail slowly gliding back and forth in the water.

the witch looks down at you and sighs. "what the-? a siren?" she says, tilting her head to the side in confusion while eying you and looking down at your tail. 

"uh, well, mermaid, but yes. have you never seen one before?" you ask, lifting yourself up out of the water and sitting next to her with the end of your tail still in the water.

"nope. i honestly thought yall were a myth, hah!" she says with a snort, taking a swing of her apple blood. 

you blush a little. "oh. w-well, we're not. so, whats your name?" you ask again.

eda doesnt really tell random people her name but you seem harmless enough. "my names eda. eda, the owl lady." she says, her eyes traveling down from your tail up to your eyes. 

"huh. the owl lady?" you giggle. "thats an interesting name." you look down at the bottle in her hand. "whats that you're drinking?" you ask, pointing to the bottle. 

"this? oh, this is apple blood. its good but i dont know how it might effect your, uh.. mermaid body." she says, setting down the bottle between yall. 

"meh. im sure i'll be fine." you smile and take a swing of the apple blood, before shaking your head a bit from the taste. although it tastes sweet, its very strong.

"ya like?" she asks with a smirk, thinking your reaction is kinda cute. 

"uhm... yea. its good, just.. strong." you say with a little cough, before handing the bottle back to her. 

she snorts. "what, cant handle a little spice?" she says in a teasing tone, smirking at you and leaning closer.

you blush. "i-i-... i can handle it! hmpf..." you cross your arms and look away, not really wanting to admit that you did find the taste quite strong. 

she chuckles and turns your head back towards hers with her index finger, that same smirk still plastered across her face. 

"sure ya can, cutie~" she says, looking down at the bit of apple blood on your lip. she flicks it off with her thumb. 

you blush, kinda in shock and not really knowing what to say. 

"hey... can i touch your tail?" she asks out of the blue. you blink a few times, a little surprised.

"oh, uh... sure, go ahead." you say with a light smile, moving your tail in her direction so she can feel it.

eda gently moves her fingers along your tail, her fingers brushing against the scales and little ridges between them. you shiver at the touch and your cheeks fill with a warm blush. 

edas smirk widens when she sees your blush but she doesnt comment on it. "hm... they feel different than i thought they would feel." she says, looking from your scales up to your eyes once more.

you turn your head away again, trying to hide your blush. youve never felt this way before... not ever. and now this witch that you dont even know is making you this flustered? it just.. doesnt make any sense, but.. you cant deny it. 

you have the hots for her and she can tell.

~ A/N: mkay thats it bye bye see ya next oneshot :P ~