Chapter 12

Melanie's P.O.V

Some people might say what I'm about to do, is a bitchy thing to do. But really, all that matters is what I think right? That's what it should be, right?

Wrong.

Everything is about what everybody else thinks these days, no matter where you're coming from, or what the situation is, but really, I don't give a shit anymore.

I'm living for me now. Whoever has a problem can take it up with someone who cares. 

As you may be able to tell, I am obviously not the right person.

____________________________________________

I look out my room window to see that Niall hasn't left to back on tour yet.

"Mom?" I call down the hall.

"Yes, Melanie?" mom answers coming to my doorway.

"Has Maura said anything to you about, Niall's tour recently?" I pause and try to get the name out without barfing.

"Well, she did tell me that Niall messed up the break dates and that he's going to be here for a couple more weeks." she states racking her brain for the information she must have forgotten.

"Okay, thanks mom." I say.

Mom turns and walks out of my line of vision.

A couple more weeks.

Perfect.

______________________________

Trying to devise a master plan is a lot harder than you think.

I called June and Zoe to help me, but once they heard what I wanted to do, they refused.

"Melanie, I cant help you do this." Zoe told me.

"Are you insane? That'll ruin your chance with him forever!" June screeched.

"Who said I wanted a chance anyway?" I asked her.

"Melanie, sweetie," Zoe started putting her hand on my shoulder, "I know what he did hurt you, but he didn't know. There's no reason for you to act this way."

I leaned back and thought about what she said. She's absolutely right.

"What am I supposed to do then? I can't just sit here and sulk until he leaves." I say.

"Talk to him, Mel," June tells me, "he's still a person, and he still needs his best friend."

"But- but I-I'm scared." I admit finally.

"We know," Zoe puts her other arm around me and pulls me in for a hug.

"But you gotta face your fears one way or another Melanie." June finishes for her.