Chapter 14

Melanie's P.O.V

I sat in my room on my bed looking through a photo album from when I was younger. All of my best memories recorded and put onto these pages brought both happy and sad tears to my eyes, neither of which I let surface.

As I continued my mild torture on my emotions I heard sounds coming from outside. It sounded like something hitting the window. I got up to look and as I pulled the curtain back I found myself wishing I hadn't gotten up.

"What the hell do you want Niall?" I asked looking down at him.

"I need to talk to you." he simply says to me.

"For what? Are you going to tell me ho I ruined your only chance at happiness again, 'cause I already got the picture." I snap at him.

"No, I actually have something smart to say this time. Will you just come down and listen to me, please?" he asks.

"Fine, give me a minute."

Niall's P.O.V 

I didn't think she'd actually agree to it. Now I have to think of something to do.

"Alright I'm here, what do you want?" she says when she opens the door.

I fiddle with my guitar a bit before answering. "I need to talk to you."

"So talk."

This is not gonna be easy.

"Okay, I know you probably hate me right now, but hear me out."

"Would you like to hurry up? I got stuff to do." she says while impatiently taping her foot.

"Okay. Melanie, I never realized this before, but I love you, and before you go to cuss me out just listen," she huffs but doesn't say anything, "and I know you love me too, that's why you were so hurt so bad, I was just too stupid to see it before."

I give out a low chuckle before continuing, "you said that to me once, all those years ago. You said, 'you know Niall, a good thing is gonna pass you by and you won't even notice.' I thought I proved you wrong when I joined the band but now I know what you were really talking about, and I don't want to let you slip through my fingers again. I know I was stupid, so fucking stupid, hell I'm stupid now, but I won't fuck up that bad again, just let me show you."

After my speech I look up expecting her to say something, yell at me, tell me there's no way she can forgive me and to fuck off, but she stays quiet. As if silently pleading me to go on. So I do.

"I want to sing you something, something that I think you connect to." I fix my guitar strap on my shoulder and start to strum the cords.

"So your friends been telling me, you've been sleeping with my sweater and that you cant stop missing me.

Bet my friends been telling you, I'm not doing much better, cause I'm missing half of me.

And being here without you, is like I'm waking up to,

Only half a blue sky,

Kinda there but not quite,

I'm walking round with just one show,

I'm half a heart without you.

I'm half a man at best,

With half an arrow in my chest,

I miss everything we do,

I'm half a heart without you."

As I go to sing the next verse, Melanie walks up to me and stops my fingers. When I look up to her, tears are streaming down her face and she sniffles.

"Melanie, I wasn't done." I say quietly.

She removes the guitar from my lap and sits in its place. One leg on either side of me.

"I know, but I know what you're saying." she smiles.

"You're not giving up on me?" I ask hopefully.

" I never have." she says bringing her hands up to cup my face and connected her lips to mine, showing me that she really didn't give up on me, and that she doesn't plan to anytime soon.