Chapter 13

Niall's P.O.V

I sat in my room strumming the tune to Little Things on my guitar, with Melanie plastered across every part of my mind. I had to find a way to get through to her, although I know she's already given up on me. I know I have no choice, but that's not gonna stop me.

I thought about every possible way to try to even talk to her, every idea had a fault. The worst part is, I haven't seen her in so long, I don't even know what she likes anymore. The way I see it, this could either be a miracle, or I'll loose her forever. I really hope it'll be the first one.

I sat and strummed my guitar some more before I got an idea. I picked up my phone and called someone with a lot my experience with this than I had.

"Hello?" he picked up after the second ring.

"Harry, I really need your help." I told him.

"What is it mate?" he asked.

"It's Melanie...." I trailed off.

"I'm all ears."

I told him everything. The day we met, the day be became best friends, the day I auditioned for X-Factor, the day I left, the day I came back, the whole thing  with Megan, up to this day.

He listened to everything I said, not interrupting anywhere. After I was done he took a while to say something.

"You fucked up, bro."

"I know that, that's why I called you. You fuck up a lot, what do you do to fix it?" I said.

"Well my charm usually works, but, we have different talents," he stated obviously thinking of what I should do, "sing to her man, that's the best thing you can do."

"Sing?" I asked hesitantly.

"It's all I got man." He said sounding defeated.

I thought about it for a moment and then it came to me.

"Alright, that'll do. Gotta go man." I said picking my guitar back up.

"Good luck."

*flashback*

I was sitting on my driveway thinking of how lucky I got to find someone like Megan when I heard a familiar sound coming from Melanie's room.

I didn't wanna be creepy but the sound was intriguing. 

I went up under her window only to hear the voices of my band mates and I playing from her speaker. I heard he start to softly sing along as the chorus came around.

"And being here without you,

Is like waking up to,

Only half a blue sky,

Kinda there but not quite,

I'm walking round with just one shoe,

I'm half a heart without you."

"Like you'd care anyway." I heard her mumble.

*end of flashback*

At the time I wondered who she was talking about.

But now I know.

And I'm gonna make it better.