Chapter 2: Darkness Rising: pt 2

"And now that you know of our existence, I fear that as of last night, the Decepticons know of yours," Optimus said.

"Got it, we spot any strange vehicles- call 911. Can... we go now?" Jack replied.

"Not that simple," I muttered.

"Are you insane? I'm living a dream here in bots-wana and I will not allow you or anyone else to shatter it!" Miko shouted.

I looked down and mumbled something.

"It is best that you four remain under our watch. At least until we can determine our enemy's intentions." Optimus said.

"Optimus. With all due respect, the human children are in as much danger here as anywhere."

"Children?!" Jack said.

"They have no protective shell! If they get underfoot they will go..." he stepped forward a step, "Squish!" The others flinched.

"Rude," I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Then, for the time being, Ratchet, we must watch where we step."

Beep, beep, beep, beep. A green light flashed.

"What's that?" Jack asked.

Bumblebee buzzed, .::Proximity sensor. Someone is here on top::.

Raf translated for Jack and Miko, "Proximity sensor- Someone's up top." He pointed upwards.

Ratchet got to the computer and said, "It's Agent Fowler."

"I-I thought we were the only humans who know about you guys?"

"Special Agent Fowler is our designated liaison to the outside world, as he only tends to visit only when there are issues. It may be best if you don't meet him at this time."

Miko, Raf, and Jack ran to a hiding spot. "You too."

"I literally live with his sister, so I can stay right here." I ran up the stairs and sat down on the couch.

The elevator went down and a

"Seven wrecks, thirty-four fender benders, a three-hour traffic jam, and on particular note- numerous reports of a speeding motorcycle of unknown make and a black-and-yellow custom muscle car!" Agent Fowler said, exasperated.

Bee looked down and saw Jack peeking out of the corner and then he moved out of view.

"So, anything you care to get off your tin chassis, Prime?"

"We have the situation under control, Agent Fowler."

"They're back, aren't they?"

"If you are referring to the Decepticons I have no doubts that they ever left. Your planet is much too valuable."

"Then it's time to wake up the Pentagon."

"Hear me, Agent Fowler. We are your best, possibly your only defense against the Decepticon threat."

"Says you."

"Hey, did anyone get splattered on that freeway? Team Prime knows when to use force," he ripped a machine off of its stand, "And how much to use." He broke the machine even more.

"Bulkhead! I needed that!"

"Enough! Military evolvement will only result in catastrophe. Perhaps you can condone widespread human casualties, Agent Fowler. I, however, can not."

"Then do us both a favor and handle this, Prime." he turned around, "Who in the name of Uncle Sam is that." I could hear his voice.

"I live with your sister, Ding Dong." I glared at him.