Chapter 3: Darkness Rising part 3

Sire picked me up and I told him about my life here on Earth and what I did here.

We entered the base and I exited Sire. Sire went to his berthroom to do some work. Raf, Jack, and Miko were playing with their guardians, and I was in the base helping Ratchet whenever I could help.

"Thank goodness for peace and quiet." Ratchet said. "House guests can be such a bother."

I turned on the television and watched it. I kept on hearing a scurrying metal sound but I thought it was just a machine.

Ratchet heard it too, "What?" Ratchet looks at me and then he went back to look at the residue. "Optimus?" 

The broken tool was behind Ratchet. "Ratchet behind you!" I yelled, jumping down from the area. 

He turns around and says, "By the Allspark!" The alive tool jumped towards Ratchet when I ran over. "Ahhh!" Ratchet dodges the spider like tool thingy. Now the robot tool is attacking Ratchet and Ratchet was defending himself from getting hurt. 

The alive tool saw me and scratched my arm and I cried. Blue blood sprouts out of the scratch.

Then Ratchet was attacking the robotic tool. It broke another tool and Ratchet yelled, "I NEEDED THAT!" It attacked Ratchet and Sire shot at it. The tool was glitching and Sire stepped on it. "And stay broken!" Ratchet exclaimed. 

Sire put the dead tool in a examination cylinder. My blood dripped down my arm, stinging. I wrapped my arm with bandages.

"Now, what could have caused that?" Ratchet asked.

"I have a grave suspension, Ratchet- Dark energon." Sire guessed.

"I remember stories about dark energon. They gave me nightmare how Carrier said them. But aren't they myths?"

"Precisely," Ratchet exclaimed but his face turned towards me. "What... Your Primala?"

"Yep," I popped the p. "And your the bot who did not fix my optic." I transformed into my Cybertronian form. 

"I did not have the materials!"

"If the residue Arcee found on Cliffjumper brought Ratchets broken equipment to life, it would stand to reason that the very same substance brought Cliffjumper back form the dead." Sire said. 

"Hm. That would account for his life signal inexplicably coming back online, but dark energon?" Ratchet questioned. "It's so scarce as to be virtually nonexistent. What would it be doing on earth."

"Probably was brought by my uncle, Megatron." 

Ratchet looks at me, "For what purpose?"

"To conquer this planet by raising an army of the undead." Sire responded. Ratchet just chuckles at Sire, "Well, Megatron will need to break quite a few toaster ovens. I mean, where on this world would he find that many cybertronian dead?"

"I don't know." I answered Ratchets question. I hear the base door open and I quickly transformed into my human form. Raf, Jack, and Miko came into the base with their guardians. They were all laughing from the fun they had.

"That was awesome!" Jack exclaimed.

"Can we go again?" Raf asked Bumblebee.

Miko jumps and says, "Sweet!"

Bulkhead opens his chassis and pulls out a guitar, "Uh." 

"Sorry. Must have left that in the backseat."

"Autobots prepare to..."

"Roll out?" Arcee finished his sentence.

"Remain here. Ratchet you'll come with me. Arcee, we'll be out of communication range for some time, so I'm putting you in charge."

"Dude, you're the biggest. You should be the boss." Miko yelled. 

"Um, he never picks me," Bulkhead replied.

"And that's for good reason." I said

"Optimus, with all due respect, playing bodyguard is one thing. Babysitting's another. Besides, Ratchet hasn't been in the field since the war." Arcee said.

"Dang! I though she was just skilled at fighting!" 

"My pistons may be rusty, but my hearing is sharp as ever." Ratchet said annoyed.

"For the moment, it's only reconnaissance." Sire said.

"Then why do I hear an edge in your voice."

"You just got burned!" I yelled. Sire's face was in confusion. "Human thing."

He hums, "Arcee, much has changed in the last 24 hours, and we all have to adapt." He turns and looks at Ratchet, "Ratchet, bridge us out."

The Ground Bridge opened with a swirling blue and green vortex. Sire and Ratchet walked through it.

"Okay, chief, so, uh, wants on the activity list?" Jack asked.

"I'm going on patrol," Arcee said while I sneaked through the Ground Bridge without a trace. 

I was in the Grand Canyon, running and hiding from their view. I can hear Ratchets voice, "Optimus, what do we hope to find here?"

I ran to a rock closer to Sire. "The site if the largest Cybertronian battlefield in this galaxy."

"On earth? You must be joking."

"Do you recall the period late in the war when both sides began hiding their energon spoils off world?" Sire asked.

"Of course. It's the reason energon deposits exist on planets such as this one."

"It is also the reason battles came to be waged on planets such as this one, and I fear Megatron's memory is as long as history." He stopped.

The conversation ended and we were getting close to the coordinates. I saw millions of cybertronian bodies and dried energon wasting away. 

"For the first time in my life, Optimus, I hoped that you were wrong." Ratchet broke the silence. 

A jet appeared and transformed on the far side of the field. "Optimus, been well? I see you brought your trusty watchdog. I was certain he'd be convalescing in a scrapyard by now." Megatron bellowed. 

"Why don't you invite him down for a chat?" Ratchet asked Sire. Ratchet was ready to fight and it was funny to watch. 

"I know why you are here, Megatron."

"Hardly a surprise, Optimus. After all, you and I have been at this for a long time, and your time has come to an end." Uncle pulls a purple shard and threw it into the ground. 

I felt dizzy from the impact but I climbed the walls of canyon to get a better view of what's going on. 

"RISE MY ARMY!"Purple cracks appeared and the lifeless Cybertronian bodies became Terrorcons.

"By the Allspark." Ratchet gasped.

"BEHOLD... THE POWER OF DARK ENERGON!" The Terrorcons limped towards Sire and Ratchet.