Chapter 5: Darkness Rising part 5

"Optimus, Primala, I've pinpointed the location of Megatron's space bridge - high in the Earth's orbit." Ratchet said.

"Out of our reach," Sire said.

"You took the words out of my mouth, Sire."

"Okay. So you guys don't fly. But could you just ground bridge there?" Miko asked.

"Yes and no," I said.

"The ground bridge has limited range. Stretched all the way into orbit, its vortex could snap and scatter us to the stars." Ratchet explained with his servos.

Miko's face was in shock.

"Since Megatron is likely already in transit, I'm afraid we must take that risk. Reaching the space bridge first is our only means of stopping him." Sire said.

"I don't want to lose another parental unit again. I don't want to lose you like I lost Carrier, and I couldn't do anything to save her."

Arcee honks and enters the base with Jack.

"Hey. Guess who's back?" Jack said.

"Autobots, prepare for departure." Sire said.

"Where to?" Arcee asks.

"The final frontier!" Miko explains.

"Space? I-I thought they didn't have any way to get there."

Bumblebee kneeled down so Raf could jump down from his hand. "They don't, really."

"Be seeing you?" Jack said to Arcee, she smiled and walked away.

Ratchet walked to the ground bridge controls and turned it on.

"Be careful Bee."

.::I will, Raf::. Bee gets up and walks over Raf.

"I'm so Jealous!" Miko squealed.

"Don't even think about following me," Bulkhead replied.

"Sire, can I come?"

"No, not this time youngling."

"Optimus, if you leave me stranded on a planet teeming with humans I will never forgive you."

"Until we meet again, old friend." Sire's face mask went up and yelled, "Autobots, roll out!"

Arcee, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Sire transformed and rode into the ground bridge.

The comm-link was on and we heard the con's navigation system was ruined and they could not lock onto Cybertron.

"Don't the Deceptions know where their own planet is?" Raf asked.

Ratchet eyed me and it said I could say it. "Yes, they know where our home is, but it is many light-years away, so without the navigation system they would need to use something else."

Sire was talking through the comm links.

Sire: "If Megatron went to the trouble to rendezvousing with his space bridge, he must have an alternate targeting system, a remote one."

Ratchet scoffs, "From what I know of Earth's technology, I doubt there exists a single radio-telescope dish on this planet powerful enough to pinpoint Cybertron."

"You might want to rethink that." I tell Ratchet.

Raf was on his computer, "What about a whole bunch of linked radio-telescope dishes, like the giant array in Texas?"

Ratchet was fast and said, "Zip, Buh, Buh, Buh, Buh! This is not child's play."

I was a little dizzy and tripped on something, "I'm fine." I got up and walked towards the others.