Dancing In The Rain (Lumity)

This is an angsty Lumity oneshot where Luz shows Amity that the rain is safe in the Human Realm but as they dance in it, Luz remembers their grom night and suddenly feels guilty again about leaving everyone behind...

*Takes place during Thanks To Them so spoilers for that episode*

----------

Luz's POV:

It was a rainy night when I looked out of the window. It just looked really depressing and made me feel the same, but I tried to stay smiling to please my friends.

"Hey, why don't you kids go out and play in the rain?" Camila suggested.

"Are you sure? Doesn't the rain boil here, too?" Hinter asked.

"No, did it boil on the Boiling Isles?" Camila asked, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, it did," Gus replied, feeling sad now that the Demon realm was mentioned and how much he missed home.

"Well, here it doesn't, so maybe we should give it a try!" I said.

The rest of them nodded despite how anxious they were.

We headed towards the door and then opened it to reveal that the lawn was drenched in what was like the sky's tears, rain.

I looked out towards it on the balcony, and my girlfriend Amity followed behind me.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Amity asked, her voice filled with nevervousness.

I took hold of her hand and looked into her yellow eyes.

"The rain here is perfectly safe, I promise!" I replied, bending my head down to kiss her hand.

After she turned tomato red from the sudden act of affection from me, I then held her hand out into the rain. She shut her eyes tightly so she could bear the pain, but was quickly confused it didn't hurt.

We both looked into each other's eyes and nodded at each other before running out onto the front garden. The rain felt so nice and made me feel a lot happier, so I picked up my purple-haired girlfriend and began twirling her around.

We then began dancing, and then as we did, I started remembering Grom. The night where Amity and I had our first big moment, even though I was completely oblivious to her feelings at the time.

But as I was spinning her around, I kept on getting deeper into thought...

I really miss the Boiling Isles, and my other friends and... Eda and King...

I can't believe I had forgotten about them, they are so important to me but because I had been so relaxed here and with the others, I forgot why I was here in the first place and what I'm looking for... a way back home.

It still makes me feel sick to my stomach when I left Eda to be almost petrified and when I let go of King's hand, they've done so much for me and I've just put them through so much danger and risk!

After that, I snapped back into reality. I opened my eyes to see Amity holding me close, Hunter with mud all over his face with Gus and Vee playing around and Willow taking photos of all of us.

My girlfriend could tell I was going through a lot, so she performed a spell circle, which then created a ball of light. We both held it tight until we let it go ul into the sky, like how I had let go of both Eda and King...

Why does my mind have to keep on going back to that?! What is wrong with me?! Why does this keep on happening?!

I just felt really bad after, so I ran back inside. I went up into my bedroom and then hid under the covers, hoping no one would come and find me.

After a few minutes of crying, I saw the light turn on and a shadow with beautiful, long hair looking down on me. I lifted the covers off to see Amity with a concerned look on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I turned away from her and crossed my arms, I didn't want to be a burden to her. So she sat down and put a hand on my leg.

"I can tell something is wrong, and I just want you to remember I'm always here to help," Amity said in a soothing voice.

I sighed and then turned to look at her,

"I m-miss Eda and King..." I mumbled, more tears beginning to spill.

"That's understandable, I miss Ed, Em, and even my dad. But just think, we're so close to getting a running portal! Will be back with them in not time!" She reassured me with a determined tone.

I nodded and then wrapped my arms around my purple-haired girlfriend.

"Thanks, Amity," I said.

"No problem, I'll always be there to help," She replied, "Would you like a little private time?"

I nodded in response, not able to muster up the words because otherwise my crying would get ugly.

"Okay, well, see you soon." She said and waved.

She turned off the light as she left and closed the door behind me, leaving me in the dark with no light. I sighed and grabbed a mug of coffee with a bisexual heart on it.

I need to stay focused, I see Eda and King again, and most of all, I need to make Amity happy...

------

Little side, but I do have like two other pre-written chapters from before I started making requests, so I'll post those before I start on them!
Thanks for reading, byyeeeee!!!