Would You Still Love Me If I Was A Basilisk? (Veesha)

This a hurt/comfort oneshot where Vee and Masha became fast friends and even lovers after the others left for The Boiling Isles but as they go to a cafe for their first date, there is one question on Vee's mind that could possibly end their relationship...

*Spoilers for Thanks To Them*

------

Vee's POV:

The sun was bright and blazing when I woke up. I did a quick stretch and then ran downstairs to make breakfast.

Ever since Camila, Luz, and her friends went back to the Boiling Isles, it had been really lonely in the house, especially because they were all so loud in the morning.

But because they were gone, it allowed me to come out of my shell and make new friends. I've now gotten to know Masha and their friends better in my new disguise, and I'm doing a better job than before!

Speaking of Masha, I really love them! I've gotten to know them so well that we are now dating, but there isn't a lot I've told them.

I've lied about my past a lot because I don't really want them knowing I'm not even human, but it feels like I'm hiding so much and in a relationship, it is always better to be open and honest...

So that's why I got out my phone and decided to text Masha, so I could arrange our first date that might end up being our last...

Me:
Hey Masha, would you like to go on a date with me? Xxx

Masha:
Yeah, sure, do you wanna meet at Robin's Roast Café in 10 minutes? Xxx

I can't believe they were ready to go on a date with me. My heart was pounding so quickly as I typed out my response

Me:
Yeah, sure! Xxx

I ran upstairs and into my shared bedroom with Luz, Amity, and Willow, which really isn't shared at the moment since they aren't here. I rummaged through the wardrobe but couldn't find anything, so I just decided to wear my pumpkin sweater.

They wouldn't mind anyway.

I cleaned the house just in case Luz and friends were to come back when I was gone, and then left the house. Camila had taken her car keys with her, so it meant I would just have to walk instead, which isn't a big deal.

So I walked down the street, but as I did, I started to feel really nervous. First of all, this is the first date I have ever been on, but also this I have a massive secret, one that could tear our relationship apart.

Who knows how they would respond, I would only know once I had asked the question...

After these scary thoughts plaguing my mind, I then saw the cafe, and I pushed them all to the side. It was now time... for the date.

I opened the door, and immediately, I spotted in one of the booths that Masha was waiting for me. They were waving excitedly and grinning, showing off their cute tooth gap.

I waved back and then walked over to sit down opposite to them in the booth. What was about to go down was going to be so awkward that I gave a little, lop-sided smile.

"Hey Vee, how are you?" They asked.

"I'm good!" I replied, "How are you?"

"Not too bad, I was going to hang out my other friends, but i knew this was more important!" Masha responded.

They gave up hanging out with their friends just for me? This made the situation a whole lot more stressful...

Luckily, to save me from going back to my troubling thoughts, a barista came up to our table and took our order.

I decided to order a pumpkin spice latte, and they ordered a coffee. We waited a few minutes and then began drinking them once they arrived on our table.

"So, what should we talk about now?" Masha asked, taking a sip of their coffee.

I knew it was my time, so I took a deep breath and then muttered,

"Do you know the meme that goes like 'Would you still love me if I was a worm?'"

"Yes!" Masha replied, "I love that meme, it really makes you think, doesn't it?"

"Y-yeah..." I stuttered, starting to get nervous again.

Masha took another sip from their coffee.

"So, what made you think of that meme?" They asked.

I took a sip from my drink before giving the big response.

"Well, would you still love me if I was a basilisk?" I asked.

Masha spat out their coffee and then put a finger to their chin.

"That's a really big comparison between a worm and a basilisk..." Masha mumbled, still thinking.

"Well, would you?" I questioned, sweat beads beginning to form on my forehead.
"Yes!" Masha answered, "But why?"

"Come with me..." I muttered, reaching my hand out to them.

They took my hand and then dragged them out of the booth and out of the coffee shop, leaving behind our drinks. I found a tree next to the building and then walked over there so no one else would see.

"What is this all about?" Masha asked, beginning to freak out because I don't normally act this way, so hasty and secretive.

"Please don't hate me..." I mumbled and then took a deep breath.

I held it and then began transforming into my basilisk form. First, a tail popped out, then my hair turned fully navy, then my skin changed colour, and then, in the blink of an eye, I had fully changed.

I looked up at Masha to find they looked astonished and confused. But then a blush crept onto their face, and they smiled.

"You look so cute!" They commented.

"You really think so?" I asked, very confused.

"Hell yeah!" Masha replied.

And with that, they leaned in to give me a kiss. I had been kissed by them before but this... this was special...