More Than Just Wattpad Friends (Lumity)

This is a fluffy oneshot where Luz and Amity first meet on Wattpad under their their respective usernames, Luzura_theOtter_w/ADarkside and Minty.Star.Student They start to learn a lot about each other as the days go along, but after Luz does a face reveal, Amity desperately wants to meet her

*There aren't really any spoilers, but I do recommend you have watched all of the episodes up to Thanks to Them because there will be a few references sprinkled here and there from lots of important Lumity scenes, and we stopped getting a lot of them after Thanks To Them so yeah*

Also, although I came up with this idea on my own, I would like to credit @InspiredWriterStory because they did request a Wattpad-related idea which I decided would be better for my groupchat fanfic, so I'm making it there and decided to post this earlier then planned instead

--------

Amity's POV:

Hi, my name is Amity Blight, and I am a star student at my school called Hexside High. And that is a gifted school, so I'm obviously a star.

But when I'm not studying for upcoming tests and revising my work, I'm an author on Wattpad. I write all sorts if things from poems about my life to fanfiction of The Good Witch Azura, but I do prefer to Azura fanfics because it shows off my true colours, what I would have been like if my mom wasn't so demanding of me.

And my name there is Minty.Star.Student!
But one day, as I was scrolling through the app to find Azura fanfiction, I happened to come by something that I must say changed my life.

It was a fanfiction about a girl who had self-inserted herself as the role of the main character, calling herself Luzura. Even though this was probably just an OC, I fell in love with the character's optimism and quirkiness.

I left a comment in every chapter, but I decided that wasn't enough and went to the author's profile to leave something on the message board:

Minty.Star.Student posted a message:
Mar 29, 2024, at 3:20 pm

Hello there, fellow author, I am in awe of your writing skills, and I love the characteristics and development that Luzura had in your fanfiction!
I hope you have a great day wherever you are, goodbye

After that, I decided to have a look at this author's description. Their name was Luzura_theOtter_w/ADarkside, and it said they were 14 (just like me). They loved writing fanfiction of The Good Witch Azura (just like me), but something didn't make sense...

It said I'm their bio they like shipping, but what is that? I decided to have a quick search on Google and found it is where you romantically pair two or more characters together, which is odd.

And even if I were to like shipping, I wouldn't pair Azura and Hecate together because I've always been told gay couples are incorrect. And so that's why I would ship Azura and Malengale together.

Azura because I dyed my hair a specific shade of mint to match her hair colour, and Malengale because I... forced myself to have a crush on them. I don't have any crushes like the other girls at my school do, so I've always pretended they are my crush to fit in, but then again...

It was never even revealed what gender they are.

But anyway, soon enough, I got a response from them:

Luzura_theOtter_w/ADarkside:

@Minty.Star.Student Ty for all the comments !!
Today at 3:24 pm

Ty? There is so much I have to learn about Internet acronyms of words... but that didn't matter right now because right after that, I got a notification saying I had been followed by them!

I mean, I have been followed by people a lot, that's why I have 50 of them anyway, but those were all because they just want a follow back or do it so I can follow back and then leave. This felt different, so I decided to give my first follow to them.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Days after, I began binge reading all of their fanfiction, and they did the same with me. We left supporting comments on each other's books and later on with message boards.

And despite the fact I have no idea what they look like or who they are behind their otter profile picture (which I found out from them can be abbreviated to just "pfp"), I don't think I've ever felt so close with a person in my entire life.

And soon after that, I was surprised to find that in my private message, there was a message from them waiting for me:

Hey, do you want to start chatting in pm? I'm totally fine if you don't want to!

We've only known each other for a few weeks, and this is moving so fast! But that didn't stop me.

I would love to chat here!

Great!! :)

We began chatting for ages, and honestly, gradually, I started to act differently from how I used to before. I was no longer cold with people, they encouraged me to apologise to Willow and we have now slowly started to rekindle our friendship and I started hanging out with her and Gus instead of Boscha and her gang.

I even dyed my hair purple and changed my name to @Lavender.Moon.Hecamity to show that I am now a new person. They made such a positive effect on my life, I hope I have done the same for them too.

But one day, they posted a book titled "Face Reveal," and I was shocked they had decided to do that. I felt that if I revealed my face, I would be uncomfortable.

But that didn't stop me from clicking on it, but when I did, I immediately regretted it. The first thing that popped up was a selfie of a Latina girl with a Pixie cut doing the piece sign and sticking out her tongue. And she was... cute...

What am I saying? I was told being gay is wrong, but...

Actually, I'm not going to listen to my homophobic brain anymore, I've changed because of her, and I'll accept I like her.

So I guess I am a lesibiab? Lesbiam? Less bien?! You know what, girls...

Anyway, I have learnt recently that we do both live in the same sort of area, and that I now wanted to meet her. We both talked about wanting to go to the Gravesfield Comic-Con before, so maybe we could meet there?

Hey Luzura, do you want to go to Gravesfield Comic-Con with me?

I had to wait a few minutes for a response, but it was worth it.

Yeah, sure, do you want to match costumes?

Yes, please, I could be the Hecate to your Azura!

Hehe, yes!! :D

So it was all planned out, and I waited excitedly for that day...

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

When the day came, I got dressed in my Hecate costume I had spent the last few weeks making, and then my dad drove me to the event.

I waved him goodbye and then burst through the door of the hall the event was taking place in. I couldn't find anyone dressed as a character from The Good Witch Azura straight away, but then again, it is a small fandom.

I marched my way through crowds of cosplayers until I spotted a familiar white, witch hat and plaited, mint hair. I walked closer to find that it was her!

I charged through everyone and wrapped my arms around her. She was a little confused since she had ever seen my face before, but she still hugged me back.

"Hi Luzura, it's me, Lavender.Moon.Hecamity!" I introduced myself, my face blushing all over, "But you can call me Amity!"

She smiled, and then a blush creeped onto her face too.

"Nice to finally meet you, but you can just call me Luz!" She corrected me and grinned.

We both leaned in a little closer and then shared our first kiss...