Chapter Two

"Yosh! Today's a new day!" I got up out of bed and went to my dresser. I got dressed and look up in the mirror and fixed my hair. Then I studied myself in the mirror.

I've always liked my long brown hair. I thought it suited me. I wished I had cool silver colored eyes or something, but I only have my brown eyes to match my hair.

After I finished getting ready I ran downstairs and ate my breakfast. As I was eating my cereal I noticed a note on the fridge. I went up to it and it read:

I have to work an extra shift
tonight so I won't be back till
later. Dinners in the fridge so
eat up!
-Ally

I sighed I grabbed my bookbag and walked outside. It was a beutiful sunny day. I let the warm rising sun hit my face and went to school.

Yesterday, everyone in my class introduced themselves to me at the end of the day. They were all friendly as they shared their name with me. One of them thought my name was weird and I just replied, "I know that's why I like it."

As I was going up the mountain that red-head, Karma Akabane, was heading away from the school building. He must of heard my footsteps because he turned around and saw me. He smirked and came closer. I stepped back a bit. "What's up Renee~?" I looked at him while he just kept smirking. "Going to class like you should be doing" I said.

"Well for your information I am going to class. I'm just taking a shortcut~"

"Um the schools that way." I pointed at the direction I was heading. "Not if you take this shortcut through the mountain." He stated in a, 'duh' tone. "Well sorry. I'm new remember? I don't know this place that well..."

He suddenly grabbed my wrist and took off where he was going. "Hey! Slow down a bit would ya? It's hard to keep up with you!" He slowed down a looked at me. "Just means I'm faster than you~"

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that!" I started to run in the direction I was orginally going and made it up there in no time. There's no way he could of-

"Yo, Reni-chan~"

There he was leaning on a tree smiling mischievously. "I was waiting for ages. You should really work on your speed Reni-chan~" I looked at him in disbelief. "B-but how d-did you...? No fair! You said that was a shortcut!" I said pouting at him. "You should of came my way then." He started to walk off into the little building.

"Even if you did come with me, I still would had won~" He snickered then went inside. I just stood there with my jaw dropped.

"Reni-chan? Are you okay?" I looked to the side and saw Nagisa.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah I'm good I was just...uh...lost in thought." I looked at Nagisa and he just raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you sure? You looked shocked there for a sec."

"Don't worry I'm fine its nothing." I smiled at Nagisa and smiled back.

We both walked into class together and went to our seats. Karma was at his seat talking to Terasaka-kun. As soon I sat down Karma turned toward me. "Ne, Reni-chan~?"

"What?" I said with a stern voice.
"You don't have to be so rude Reni-chan. Your just mad because you lost aren't you~?"

I blushed a little. "What! N-no! You cheated remember?!" Karma smirked," That wasn't cheating that I'm just that fast." Karma kept smirking, "Faster than you~" He then poked my head with his finger and kept bragging.

"No you took a shortcut! And stop poking me!" I was still blushing a little and crossed my arms.

"Aww Reni-chan's blushing~" He started poking my cheeks as I blushed even more."Leave me alone Karma! And when did you start calling me Reni-chan?"