Chapter Twelve

The sun shined brightly throughout the house. I lifted myself up, yawning. I was in a good mood and not feeling tired at all, which seemed weird at first.

I glanced at the other couch. Karma wasn't there. I got up and decided to search the house for him. None of the bathroom doors were closed, so he wasn't in there. His shoes were at the front door so he is still here. I went into my room. No sign of him.

'What other place could he be?' I then smelled something tasty so I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. There he was at the stove...cooking?

He must of sensed me near him because he turned his head in my direction,"Look who's finally up."

"Says the person who is up at 7 in the morning." I sat down at the counter,"What are you making?"

"Breakfast." He stated in a 'duh' tone. I rolled my eyes,"What is the food you are preparing at the moment?"

"No need to be so formal~"

I got up and peeked at the stove top behind Karma. I could see he was making pancakes. It smelled really good and I found myself leaning closer to the stove to take in more of the smell. Karma used his hand to push my face slowly away from the stove.

"Are you trying to kiss the stove or something? " He chuckled.

I kept my eyes on the stove,"I can't help it. It smells delicious."

He grinned,"Well you won't have to wait much longer. I'm almost done."

"What is that amazing smell?"

I turned my head and watched my aunt walk into the kitchen. She stretched her arms while yawning.

She noticed the red-haired boy cooking at the stove,"Renee, your friend is cooking?"

I nodded and she placed her hands on her hips,"How come you're making him do breakfast? It should be you."

I pointed to Karma,"He volunteered himself! I'm not making him do anything." I looked over at Karma who was grinning at the conversation he was hearing.

"Well when the time comes Renee, you don't even have to ask if you can date. I already approve of him." She said smirking at me.

I blushed like crazy,"Aunt Ally!Did you have to say that out loud?!" I covered my face with my hands.

She laughed,"I should probably get ready for work though..." She went towards the exit.

"You should stay and eat first, at least." Karma held out a plate with two pancakes on it. My aunt eyeballed it,"Heheh~ If you say so..." She took the plate of pancakes then sat down at the counter. I gave her a fork since she was about to eat the whole thing with her hands.

"What about you?"

I turned my head to Karma and he was holding a plate out with another two pancakes sitting on it. I nodded,"Sure." And took the plate. "T-Thanks..." I said to him with a faint blush on my cheeks, taking a seat next to my aunt. She finished her breakfast and had almost eaten the plate while at it.

She stood up,"You got some skill there, that was really good Renee's friend."

I looked at her,"He has a name you know." She gave me a questioned look. I gave her a blank stare,"Karma."

She looked over to Karma,"You're a good cook, Karma." He had a tint of pink on his cheeks,"Thanks."

"I'm gonna go get ready then." Aunt Ally left the kitchen, leaving me and Karma.