Chapter Fourteen

Today our class was participating in the exhibition matches on the main campus. The girls had basketball while the boys were in a baseball game. I've never been good at sports much less basketball. Kataoka set up a good strategy for us and we actually did pretty good and got close to winning a couple of times. But we didn't let it get to us.

Since we finished our game early, we decided to head to the baseball field and see how the boys are doing.

"We'll be sure to get our revenge next game!" Kataoka said.

"Yeah that was a close game." I said grinning. We got to the field and saw our classmates in the game.

"So how's the game going?" Hayami asked. I took a look at the scoreboard,"Whoa! You guys are beating the baseball club?"

"Yeah but, the last boss just made his arrival in the first inning." Mimura pointed to the the field where the principal was walking. He it looked he was going to have a discussion with the other team. This can't be good.

Curious, I looked around for Karma. I wanted to see if he was participating or skipping class. To my surprise he was actually in the game waiting for it to start again. I tried to get as close as I could to the fence to call his name.

"Hey Karma!" I smiled and waved. He turned his head my direction and smirked. He then looked back at the other team to see that they are still having their meeting and started to walk over to where I was.

"Hey Renee. Come to cheer me on?" He smirked. I just shrugged,"Looks like you don't need cheering. Seems like you guys are gonna win."

Karma looked back over to the other team,"Yeah but now the Board Chairman is here and whenever he shows up, it means trouble for Class E." I looked over at the Principal. Why does he always have such a dark, intimidating aura around him?

"No biggie right? You guys got this!" I grinned at him. Karma smiled at me.

"Well since you're here now, I know I'm gonna do a lot better since you're my motivation." He smirked again, making me blush at his words,"I-I'm sure you were doing just fine before I got here."

Karma chuckled and saw the team getting back into their positions,"Looks like we're starting up again. Later Renee." He walked back to his spot and slightly waved back at me.

I smiled at was suddenly startled by a tap at my shoulder,"So you and Karma a thing yet~?"

I blushed,"No! We were just talking Nakamura-san!"

She smirked then returned to watching the game. My blush died down as I looked back at the game. I noticed the other team was now surrounding Maehara, who was the batter.

'They can't do that...can they?' I thought to myself.

Before anyone knew it we had three outs already since the other team caught every ball with them surrounding our team.

Sugino was now pitching. He has played baseball for over three years so he was able to curve the pitch so the other team had a hard to hitting it.

It was now Karma's turn to bat. But instead of going to the plate he just stood there. He looked back at the Principal,"Heeey, isn't this unfair Board Chairmaaaan? You're defending by getting right in our way like this, and yet the umpire isn't paying any attention to it? Don't the rest of you find that strange?" He then snapped his fingers,"Oh that's right~ you're all idiots so stuff about defenses just goes right over your heads."

Then other classes started throwing insults and fits at him. Karma mischievously smirked at all the chaos. I nervously laughed,"What is he doing...?"