In my own world

As I stood behind Stein I heard the voices growing louder. "Please no... I don't want to deal with anyone." I whispered to him. "It's ok, they are the people I wanted you to meet." I rolled my eyes and grunted, "fine!" I heard Stein welcoming them to his house and invited them inside when one of the girls noticed me. "Dr. stein? Who is the girl behind you?" Oh. Heck. To. The. No. "Oh it's one of my best students looking for help. She needs help training as a weapon." I walked out from behind him and held my hands in front of me and tried to fake a smile. "Hi! I'm Maka!" She stuck her hand out to shake my hand which was odd. I slowly reach out and shook her hand loosely because I didn't want to be made fun of. She shook my hand gently because she could tell I wasn't into being touched much. "Now, (y/n). The white haired boy is soul, Maka's weapon. The black haired boy with white stripes is Lord Death's son, Death the Kid (aka Kid). His weapons are Liz and Patty, and now my weapon Spirit." They all waved at me. I knew some of the kids from class.
"Maka, don't you hang out with the kid named Crona?"
She giggled and shook her head. "Yea, he's supposed to be coming soon." Great more people... I shrugged my shoulders. Stein lead us all to his house, I stayed in the back because I didn't want to be bothered by anyone. I stuck my earbuds in my ears and turned my music up, loud. Everyone was sitting in the living room and there was only a love seat left. Everyone sat down but me and stein... Are we seriously going to sit down on that together?! He walked over to the seat and sat down on the closets seat to the couch... Crap! We are so I walked over to the other seat and sat beside him. "So, are you a weapon or mister?" Asked Kid who was fiddling with his rings. I took my earbuds out and answered him. "I'm... Um... Kinda my own weapon. I don't need a mister to fight...." I stared at my feet in fear of what they would say. "That's so cool! It's not easy to work alone." Soul said in excitement. I looked at him like he was crazy. "It's not that hard honestly... Well for me. Being alone is how it's always been." They all looked at me so i went back to looking at my feet. They started talking and I didn't real care much for hearing about battling and turning myself into a death scythe, wasn't that important to me. I slipped my earbuds back in and started to tap to the music. I couldn't hear anyone and I didn't care. I was in my own little world and it was great! My mind was off to wherever I couldn't be now. After a few songs I felt a few hands on my shoulder. I looked up from my feet and saw Dr. Stein standing over me with his hands on my shoulders. I looked at him quizzically. Carefully slipping my earbuds out of my ears, again, I asked him what was going on. I noticed everyone wasn't inside. "We were wondering if you wanted to battle a few people?" He said smiling at me and I looked at him, unamused by the fact of dueling and stuff. "What will I be proving to anyone?" I said rolling my eyes at him.