16. Let's be friends

"Look what I've got here," the drama teacher told Jimin next to her and Jungkook, who was sitting a few rows away, enthusiastically waving the script in the air.

"How about you go into the other room again and read through your scenes. It's been pointed out to me that it would be better to let you decide whether you want to play the scenes like this before the script goes to everyone."

And so, weeks later, they went back to the place that had caused them some unnecessary tension.

As they sat next to each other on the couch at the greatest possible distance, they remained silent. And it wasn't a comfortable silence, it was rather uneasy.

"All right, where do we start?" asked Jimin after clearing his throat, looking everywhere except at Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at him, fighting with himself, because he had no idea how he should react or what he was supposed to do next.

He opened his script and leafed through it a little.

"Here?" he asked, holding the copy out to Jimin.

"Yes, sure. I don't care anyway, whatever you're comfortable with," Jimin admitted with a short shrug of his shoulders, after which he put the script down and looked over at Jungkook. "If there's anything you don't like, we can talk about it together."

Jungkook just nodded and read through the scenes marked with sticky notes.

"Just in between, do you have a boyfriend?" he then suddenly asked. "Or girlfriend?"

"Huh? What makes you think that all of a sudden?" asked Jimin, puzzled.

First boyfriend and then girlfriend, does he know I like boys or what?

"To answer your question, no, I don't."

"Are you sure?" Jungkook questioned skeptically, remembering a moment that made him think otherwise. "I wouldn't want them to disagree with our decision, that's why I asked."

"Yes, I'm sure. And since we're on the subject, I didn't really want to bring it up because I don't mind at all, but do you know anything about rumors of me?" Jimin shifted a little on the couch, a bit afraid of the answer. He hoped that Jungkook had nothing to do with it.

"What kind of rumors?"

"About me having a thing with everyone and stuff," he replied. "Does that sound familiar?"

"Oh, fuck yeah, I've heard about it," Jungkook admitted in surprise.

"And have you told anyone, maybe someone who doesn't look like they'd push you against the wall?"

"No, I didn't spread anything about you, if that's what you mean." Jungkook dismissed the blame and scooted a little closer to Jimin on the couch. "It really wasn't me. I would never do something like that."

"All right, if you say that's what happened, then I believe you," Jimin clarified as he too slid a little closer to Jungkook. "Good thing. I hate people who do that."

"Shit, I always ruin everything."

"Huh, why?" Jimin was confused and didn't quite know what Jungkook was talking about.
Did he have something to do with it after all?

"You were right, I always assume and believe everything I see or what someone tells me," said Jungkook in realization, bent over and resting his head in his hands.

"I already told you that I didn't mean what I said," Jimin reassured him, waving his hands. "Please don't think about it."

"But it's true," Jungkook complained indignantly. Can't he just agree with him?